They just keep on trying!

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

They just keep on trying!

Post by John Gray »

Usually I find the spam trapped by our spam-trapper at work deeply tedious, but I thought I would pass this latest one on. I've edited out much of the irrelevance, request for financial details, and so on:

FROM THE DESK OF COMPENSATION PAYMENT OFFICE OF THE FINANCE MINISTRY INTERNATIONAL CREDIT SETTLEMENT DEPT LAGOS
APPROVED BY THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT PRIVATE E-MAIL:financeministers2010xx@gmail.com
YOUR $14.6 000 000 00 COMPENSATION PAYMENT TO YOU

THIS TO OFFICALY INFORM YOU THAT AFTER THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING HELD IN ABUJA, TODAY YOUR NAME COMES UP AS ONE OF THE VICTIMS OF INTERNET SCAM, AFTER THE MEETING, BOTH PRESIDENT AGREED AND SET OUT A COMPENSATION PAYMENT OF $14.6 000 000 00 SHOULD BE PAID TO YOU,

ALSO THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT IS USING THIS MEAN TO REWARDS ALL THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ALL PART OF EUROPE INCLUDING ASIA, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH AMERICA, ANTARCTICA E.T.C AND ALL THOSE WHO HAVE LOST THEIR FUNDS IN EITHER UNCOMPLETED BUSINESS, OR FRAUD BY SOME IMPOSTERS/FRAUDSTERS IN NIGERIA, JAMAICA, LONDON AND OTHER PART OF AFRICA COUNTRY.
<snip>
NOTE THAT BECAUSE OF IMPOSTORS, WE HEREBY ISSUED YOU OUR CODE OF CONDUCT, WHICH IS (1414) SO YOU HAVE TO INDICATE THIS CODE WHEN CONTACTING US.

THIS MESSAGE IS SUPPORTED BY THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT AND ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATES {ECOWAS}, AFTER YOU MIGHT HAVE RECEIVED YOUR FUND, YOU CAN REWARD MY FIRM ONE WAY OR THE OTHER YOU KNOW BEST.

I just love the idea of a fraud purporting to compensate you for being the victim of a previous fraud!

(Maybe those people who contributed to the thread about significant digits could assess whether the compensation amount is $14.6M, or $14.60 extremely precisely...)
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Leif
Administrator

Re: They just keep on trying!

Post by Leif »

John Gray wrote:I just love the idea of a fraud purporting to compensate you for being the victim of a previous fraud!
But they've been trying that compensation lark on for years now! How often do you check your trapped-spam? :smile:
Leif

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Leif wrote:But they've been trying that compensation lark on for years now! How often do you check your trapped-spam? :smile:
Maybe it was an old spam that was just delivered. :grin:

On the other hand, some months ago I got spam from 2017. Apparently they are still interested in diplomas in the future. :grin: Sounds reasonable; I can't see how the traditional "you have won the lottery” or “please help me move this treasure” can work for another ten years.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

rettingr
StarLounger

Post by rettingr »

Here is the great one I got today. It is just great to know somebody out there would give her little girl the middle name 'John'...

Good day,

I am Dr. Cynthia J. Mershark, a US citizen, 48 years Old. I took part in the Compensation in Nigeria some years ago and they refused to pay me, I had paid over $20,000 while in the US.

I went on holiday to Uk to visit my daughter, while there I complained to her and she contact an attorney on my behalf (Mr. Norman Holley) who filed a petition at the Nigerian embassy in UK. I was invited by the Nigerian government concerning my claim Mr. Norman Holley accompanied me to Nigeria and they made it known to us that whoever is contacting us through emails are fake. He accompanied me to the paying bank for the claim of my Compensation payment.

I have received my compensation funds of $1,500,000.00, Mr. Norman Holley, showed me the full information of those that are yet to receive their payments and I saw your name as one of the beneficiaries, and your email address, that is why I decided to email you to stop dealing with those people, they are not with your fund, they are only making money out of you.

I will advise you to contact Mr. Norman Holley directly through the below information.

Holley & Partner Chambers United Kingdom
Name: Mr. Norman Holley
E-mail: normanholley71@yahoo.co.uk
Phone: +44-704-572-4335

You really have to stop dealing with those people that are contacting you and telling you that your fund is with them, it is not in anyway with them, they are only taking advantage of you and they will dry you up until you have nothing. The only money I paid after I met Mr. Norman Holley was just $1,420 for his legal fee and paper works, take note of that.

Thank You and Be Blessed.

Dr. Cynthia John Mershark

cynthias@hosanna.net

Trustee/Treasurer, Triad Foundation Inc.
1902 South Wykagyl Street
Tampa, FL USA. 33629
Randy

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

As always, the details are fantastic! :laugh:
Best wishes,
Hans