Just a cartoon

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Just a cartoon

Post by Bigaldoc »

Has this ever happened to you?        (Speed Bump)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Just a cartoon

Post by HansV »

At work, we have a test of the emergency broadcasting system on the second Tuesday of every month. It'a not as bad as in the cartoon, but still pretty annoying. :grin:
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Well at least if you know it's coming you can put cotton in your ears. Some of our television stations do it at the most inconvenient and unexpected times. The last one I remember was in the nursing home dining room, packed with residents, staff and family members. The VERY big screen, wall mounted TV began to screech and its volume is already a little high for the many residents who're hard of hearing. Wow, talk about annoying, by the time someone went to the TV and lowered the volume a few hands were trembling ...

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Post by garbsmj »

We have annoying tornado alarm test every Wednesday but they don't let us know when. The only difference is that on a test, you get the all-clear signal (which is just as annoying) but during an actual tornado alert, it just does the tornado alarm and then you sit in your basement wondering when it's safe to go upstairs again. Such is life out on the prairie where we still duck out to see if there is really a tornado or not which defeats the purpose of the tornado alarms.
When one cat leaves, another mysteriously shows up.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

HansV wrote:...have a test of the emergency broadcasting system on the second Tuesday of every month. snip
Us too!!! But we call it Patch Tuesday.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

The MOST annoying noise coming from our TV is that damned commercial for the abrasive pads that one's cat can use to sharpen its claws!

It invariably comes on just before I drift off to sleep and before the sleep timer turns off the TV. Every single time Molly - the dachshund terror - comes leaping from a deep sleep, sails across the room, not bothering to land until she crosses the doorway, and barking in her 'they're about to eat us alive' shrillest voice. She then goes outside and patrols for 3/4 of an hour; so we end up losing about an hour and a quarter sleep!

If I ever get my hands on the producer, writer, or broadcaster of that advert in a secluded place there WILL be mayhem! :bash:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

Speaking of noise. (This will mean nothing if you haven't heard Cake, but will be funny if you have.)

http://comics.com/frazz/2010-03-11/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last edited by Goshute on 22 Jul 2010, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens

Sundog
5StarLounger

Post by Sundog »

The Blues channel 74 on XM Radio periodically broadcasts its Emergency Bluesville System test; it goes something like this:

"This is a test of the Emergency Bluesville System <short bursts of different blues tunes for 10 seconds>. This concludes the test of the Emergency Bluesville System. If this had been an actual Bluesville emergency <sounds of screams>, you would have been instructed to go to the corner of 12th and Vine, and get your mojo working <sounds of applause>. We now return to our regular bluesville programming."
Sundog