Neat trick with motel door security hasp

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Neat trick with motel door security hasp

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Nfld_IMG_20171015_072952239.jpg
You are all familiar with the doors of cheap motels I am sure.
There is a swinging clasp that restricts entry to anyone who weighs less than 170 lbs.
But at least until you read this, it allowed you to drift off to sleep feeling safe on a Saturday night.
In a cheap motel.
Nfld_IMG_20171015_072942975.jpg
You are also familiar with the coat rack in the door alcove when you can try to hang the creases out of your Gabardine (or similar) coat after pressing it against the car seat all day, or storing it under a 4Kg bag of apples on the back seat.
Nfld_IMG_20171015_072935974.jpg
Sweet Thing (not her real name) from the front desk showed me this trick last night.

A real handy way to keep the door open when you are lugging a ton of baggage in or out of the room.

Or, as in her case, entering the room of a recently-arrived tourist with a weird accent.

I know, I know, I’m going to have to drive back here to retrieve my coat next Wednesday ...

P.S. Note the indentation on the edge of the door, made by people like me who use the security device to wedge the door open when we are just trotting down the corridor to steal another half-dozen coff-pods at five in the morning.

Cheers
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who plants a seed, plants life.