Weird news #836

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

Claude
cheese lizard

Re: Weird news #836

Post by Claude »

:hairout: Not for me I'm afraid. When I go shopping, needing item X, I make a beeline to item X, grab it, pay and I'm outta there ! Most people don't even know that I shop. (Think Looney Tunes RoadRunner)
Cheers, Claude.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

But do you accompany your wife when she goes shopping?
Best wishes,
Hans

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

I sure do, but, I always ensure that Wile E. Coyote is locked up before we leave. :yep:
Cheers, Claude.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Perhaps you'd prefer this:
Creche.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

Yes, that looks great, and, as an unexpected benefit, it is most likely highly educational, as Créches generally are. :thumbup:
Cheers, Claude.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

What's a shopping mall? Is it a new concept?
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

In a land far, far away and long, long ago I learnt that shopping with spousal unit was not advisable as it always produced friction; ergo those little pods are wasted on me ... as are malls. It's literally been years since I entered our local. More and more I find Amazon and eBay to be my most favored sources for things I cannot find at the building supply. And, please, don't even mention wallyworld to me.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I had to look up wallyworld (but I get it now).
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Sorry about that, Hans. I didn't realize that wallyworld (WalMart) was an Americanism. We call its denizens WalMartians, as well.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

WalMart itself is an Americanism, of course. But although I have heard of WalMart, I had never seen the term "wallyworld" used for WalMart.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

BobH wrote:In a land far, far away and long, long ago I learnt that shopping with spousal unit was not advisable as it always produced friction; ergo those little pods are wasted on me ... as are malls. It's literally been years since I entered our local. More and more I find Amazon and eBay to be my most favored sources for things I cannot find at the building supply. And, please, don't even mention wallyworld to me.
In that same time period, long, long ago, there was a big department store in Jersey ( I think it was Sterns or Saks Fifth Avenue) that had a special area only around Christmas time and it was for men shoppers only.
You brought your wife's critical sizes and fav colors, etc. You sat down in a big soft recliner chair. A nice attractive young lady brought you free drinks or coffee. You gave her your size list and she studied it and said OK, I'll run around the store and get you a few samples. She shows up with a nice assortment of clothes and accessories. You pick out a couple of things, she gift wraps them for you and you have another for the road.
That's the way to Christmas shop for wife or lady friend!
Outside of that, I don't go near a mall or big box store.
Last edited by viking33 on 16 Jul 2017, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Definitely a kindred spirit VikingBob!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

viking33 wrote:
BobH wrote:In a land far, far away and long, long ago I learnt that shopping with spousal unit was not advisable as it always produced friction; ergo those little pods are wasted on me ... as are malls. It's literally been years since I entered our local. More and more I find Amazon and eBay to be my most favored sources for things I cannot find at the building supply. And, please, don't even mention wallyworld to me.
In that same time period, long, long ago, there was a big department store in Jersey ( I think it was Sterns or Saks Fifth Avenue) that had a special area only around Christmas time and it was for men shoppers only.
You brought your wife's critical sizes and fav colors, etc. You sat down in a big soft recliner chair. A nice attractive young lady brought you free drinks or coffee. You gave her your size list and she studied it and said OK, I'll run around the store and get you a few samples. She shows up with a nice assortment of clothes and accessories. You pick out a couple of things, she gift wraps them for you and you have another for the road.
A couple of department stores in Montreal (Eaton's and Morgan's) back in the early 60's offered the same service to us men folk. Twas a great service and you could meet up with your good buddies to enjoy a drink while waiting. Some guys came with a long list so they could stay longer!
Regards,
Bob

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

BobArch2 wrote:
viking33 wrote:
A couple of department stores in Montreal (Eaton's and Morgan's) back in the early 60's offered the same service to us men folk. Twas a great service and you could meet up with your good buddies to enjoy a drink while waiting. Some guys came with a long list so they could stay longer!
It's a terrific marketing idea. I don.t know why it wasn't continued? :scratch:
BOB

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Department stores are closing in the thousands in the US. Macy's recently shuttered 600 stores and I think Target is doing the same.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

BobH wrote:Department stores are closing in the thousands in the US. Macy's recently shuttered 600 stores and I think Target is doing the same.
Sales weren't on Target?

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

GeoffW wrote:
BobH wrote:Department stores are closing in the thousands in the US. Macy's recently shuttered 600 stores and I think Target is doing the same.
Sales weren't on Target?
Not off the Wall.
BOB