Happy 4th of July, USA!

HansV
Administrator

Happy 4th of July, USA!

Post by HansV »

4th_of_july.png
Source: xkcd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Happy 4th of July, USA!

Post by BobH »

Sounds about right for Texas right up to 2020, but that ain't gonna happen here 'cause it ain't easy to overthrow a Texan!

How about the rest of the US?
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

:laugh: (Great find Hans!!)

Happy anniversary from my side to, to all our USA members.
Grab some popcorn and dig out that DVD movie -- that one with Will, the aliens and Bill Pullman who gives that inspirational speech. :thumbup:

:fanfare:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

Happy Independence Day USA.

After all, every country has a 4th of July.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Funny you should mention this.
I just fired off a letter to the editor of a nearby newspaper:

On Friday June 9th two Canadian Mice crossed the border at Lewiston and spent the day visiting Garage Sales, and the the towns of Medina, East Aurora and Lewiston. The rental car was not impounded by the Lewsiton Border Control. The wait staff and the patrons in three dining establishments were courteous and happy to see us. The couple running the garage sale allowed themselves to be talked down in price and claimed “We just want to get rid of this stuff”, so we took advantage of them.

In the Toronto Star of Thursday, June 29, 2017 I read yet-another-article about this guy Trump. I cannot voice my views on Trump because I am not qualified as a voter in the U.S.A.

That’s why I write to let you know that Trump or no, the citizens of the U.S.A. seem just as nice and as welcoming as ever.

The two well-fed Canadian Mice will be back ...

I too endorse best wishes for my cousins who have problems speaking \and spelling proper English :grin: :grin: :grin:
He who plants a seed, plants life.

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jay Freedman »

Thank you, Chris.

Our daughter, son-in-law, and two granddaughters are driving from New Jersey today to spend a week in Toronto, and I expect they'll have just as nice things to say about our Canadian cousins.

{"Are we there yet??"}

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Jay Freedman wrote:... I expect they'll have just as nice things to say about our Canadian cousins....
Yabbut!
What about their Aussie cousins? :flee:
(PM follows)

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Funny you should mention Aussies today.

Our local 4th of July parade to celebrate Independence Day (you can see it here) is one of the largest in the country and in the USA Today top 10 list of parades. There were 250 'floats' plus local marching bands, veterans groups, and some soldiers from nearby Fort Hood. That is a remarkable feat for a town of about 20,000 inhabitants.

At any rate it was covered by local TV KCEN. They had an Aussie reporter doing live interviews. He seemed to be having a great time celebrating America's Independence Day.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:(you can see it here) ...
Hi Bob.

... Yabbut, if its a movie, I can't see it from here!
Cheers
Chris
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

There is supposed to be a complete video file on the KCEN website but I could not find it.

The parade lasted about 3 hours.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:There is supposed to be a complete video file on the KCEN website but I could not find it. The parade lasted about 3 hours.
Not to worry Bob. I stared at the photo for five minutes, so that was about one thirty-sixth of the parade right there! :flee:
Cheers
Chris