Rubber duck for Chris Greaves - an apology

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Rubber duck for Chris Greaves - an apology

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I owe you guys an apology. For not logging on briefly and saying "Don't Worry".
I was ambushed with Plantar Faciitis about two months ago. A statistical review of my posts would probably reveal a dropping-off over the first month as the pain increased, dropping to near-zero once it became apparent that I couldn't walk.
I managed to hobble about a bit, started using the bus/subway wherever possible, and became annoyed by well-meaning Australian expats who would ask if they could help me across the road. Nosey beggars! :grin:

My Doctor pushed me into a colleague of his, name of Jim Barrato, whose praise enough highly of I cannot sing, and I have been wearing serious shoes for a month now, walking a bit more each day, sort-of hesitantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Some of you may have the idea that I walk a lot. I basically walk everywhere I can, and not being able to walk has crippled my otherwise rich life.
I want another twenty years out of this life, and at the prices they charge for these shoes, I'd normally want to get twenty years out of them, too, but right now I can't wait to wear them down to the heel and spend a small fortune on the next pair.

Bob Archell is not only a Gentle Man, but also is too much of a gentleman to post my text to him, I suppose considering it a private email.
Thanks Bob.
Nonetheless I post it below so you can see what I told him, which I'd like you all to know.

Thanks Bob. My activities have been curtailed by Plantar Faciitis, if I got that right. New shoes seem to be doing the trick. This Sunday evening I dine with a chick with long legs - a side benefit of shoes with an extra inch of heel and soles. I should be back in circulation in a week or so.
My regards to all at Eileen's Lounge.

tapped-out awkjardly on tjis smart- phome.

Now, a question for the moderators:-

It is necessary for me to read and respond to all the "New Posts", or can I just slip in, almost quietly, back into the stream? :laugh:
Last edited by ChrisGreaves on 23 Mar 2017, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
He who plants a seed, plants life.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: Rubber duck for Chris Greaves - an apology

Post by viking33 »

You can do either, respond to all or slip in quietly. Just let yourself be known once in a while while as you recuperate.
Hope you improve and stay on the mend, Chris.
I'm sure half the population of Toronto are wondering, where is that guy who always wandered around all over the place? :thumbup: :cheers:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Welcome back, Chris!

I hope your feet will cause less trouble from now on.
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I hope you improve greatly, Chris!

And I translate
Jim Barrato, "whose praise enough highly of I cannot sing"
as
"who I cannot praise highly enough"
deliberately and mercifully leaving out any reference to your singing! :grin:
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Good to see you back Chris. :cheers:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I hope you recovery is quick and complete!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

ChrisGreaves wrote:>>>>I have been wearing serious shoes for a month now, walking a bit more each day, sort-of hesitantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.
So Curious Sandy wonders what these terrific, extra special, expensive and supportive shoes might be? I've been through this - couldn't even play my beloved game of golf! :yikes: :yikes: I won't go into all that it took for me to recover (cause it is your thread). :grin: But now you can see why I am most interested in what sort of shoes would bring about a recovery! This curious mind would really like to know!

And BY THE WAY, you were missed! Glad you are back!

Sandy
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Skitterbug wrote:So Curious Sandy wonders what these terrific, extra special, expensive and supportive shoes might be? I....
I tried to take a photo of them yesterday, but in twisting around to get a square-on shot I almost did my right knee an injury.
Maybe I'll try again tonight after my hot bath; I take my shoes off then, so it might be easier that way.
Providing the rubber-ducky doesn't protest too much.

They are SOLID shoes, made of leather with a seriously solid rubber sole.
The wonderful Jim Barrato took my original shoes, a month ago, twisted one of them into a pretzel then said 'This is your problem".
I was back to see him last Tuesday. "Stand back!" I warned him. "If you come too close I'll throw my arms around you and smother you with kisses".

We had another thirty-minute Q&A session. The man is a genius.
I told him that my only complaint was that the right show was pinching right above my toe joints.
He says "No it isn't".
?
!!
???
!!!!
He whips off the shoe, extracts the thin insole; studies the wear pattern (after a month of use), sticks a little pad of something under where the ball of the big toe would be, says "Go take a walk".

I walk to the end of the corridor and back.
Cured! Fixed!!

I ***almost*** wish I had more problems with my feet so that I could learn more about them.
I will post a photo of my new shoes, also a photo of an old pair from years back, next time I am on with, what to me was an amazing story.

Cheers
Chris
He who plants a seed, plants life.