Are You Ready Viking Bob?

BobH
UraniumLounger

Are You Ready Viking Bob?

Post by BobH »

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A major winter storm is expected to dump 8 to 16 inches (20 to 40 cm) of snow on parts of the U.S. Northeast on Sunday night and Monday, prompting storm warnings from upstate New York to northern Maine, the U.S. National Weather Service said.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: Are You Ready Viking Bob?

Post by viking33 »

No, I'm not ready. mentally at least.
The last storm we had about 12" of wet, soggy snow and VERY strong wind gusts of more than 70 MPH. I did OK so far as damage was concerned. BUT. there were more than 70K households that had no power for more than 11 hours. ( including us ) That was just on the Cape. No power and temps down to about 10F. COLD stuff!
This storm has the potential of the same amount of snow but thus far, we have only had heavy rain. Off Cape they seem to be going through a repeat and more of the same. Making up for the rather mild weather so far, this winter. :snow: :snow:

Thanks for the thought.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Are You Ready Viking Bob?

Post by BobH »

Hope all goes well and you don't have the blizzard.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs