The weather outside is frightful....

viking33
PlatinumLounger

The weather outside is frightful....

Post by viking33 »

It's been snowing all day and we are under a blizzard warning but haven't quite reached an official blizzard qualification of at least 3 hours of continuous gale force winds. It's reached gale force many times bit then a little letup and the clock is re-started again.
We had a prelim snowfall of about 7-9 inches yesterday with predicted 14-28 inches today. On my part of the Cape we have only received about 9 inches thus far, due to geography giving us a small amount of protection. Temps have been ranging to average of around 12 degrees F. Winds about 30- 50 MPH.
I went out and shoveled us out yesterday but today is snow plow time. Now waiting for it to let up so that plow guy can come to move our gravel drive from it's place, over to across the street. The guy just can't get it through his head to lift the plow blade up when he nears the gravel part of the drive! :sigh: :snow:
So... we are staying warm and dry and waiting this out, watching football play off game. :cheers:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: The weather outside is frightful....

Post by Rudi »

Stay safe Bob.

PS: Hope your house has a skylight. If you get snowed in, at least you can exit from there. :grin: :crazy:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Ouch!!

I was about to complain that the GWN is not taking enough of the cold out of the air before they send it down to us. (They know who they are.) This past week we had a couple of overnight lows in the teens . . . one night 14 the next 19. It didn't get above freezing for 2 days.

Of course, we will be back in the 70s tomorrow. Gotta love Texas weather 'cause you get a change real often.

Keep checkin' in, VikingBob. We need to know that you haven't been blown out to sea!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

viking33 wrote:It's been snowing all day and we are under a blizzard warning but haven't quite reached...
OUCH! Me thinks I prefer really cold weather rather than be smacked around by snow storms. :grin:

The Farmer's Almanac says we are in for a really bad winter. What with very cold weather and snow storms. BUT, I think I have set a jinx on the snow storm item. I bought a new snow blower, 27" path, headlight, power steering, electric start, heated handle grips, power chute and all controls are topside. Since buying the new beast two weeks ago there has not been a cm of snow! :hairout:

Stay safe out there Viking Bob!
Regards,
Bob

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

BobH wrote:I was about to complain that the GWN is not taking enough of the cold out of the air before they send it down to us. (They know who they are [MOI? You rang?].) This past week we had a couple of overnight lows in the teens . . . one night 14 the next 19. It didn't get above freezing for 2 days.

Of course, we will be back in the 70s tomorrow. Gotta love Texas weather 'cause you get a change real often.
Oh stop your complaining! I thought you Texans were/are hardy types. 14°F and then 19°F ? You are nice an toasty down there ain't ya! :flee:

Currently -12°C with a wind chill factor of -22°C, courtesy of a couple of Colorado and Texas' lows hitting us! Phhhhttt :grin:

Stop sending us the "lows" and we'll send some warm weather South to warm the cockles of your heart. :grin:
Regards,
Bob