Capturing Videos

BobH
UraniumLounger

Capturing Videos

Post by BobH »

Is there a way to capture video from a web page?

I know that I can save images and that I can do screenshots, but I don't know if it is possible to capture an entire video file embedded in an html page.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Capturing Videos

Post by Rudi »

Try VSO Downloader to capture streaming video. Its very good.
For youtube vides I use VDownloader or directdownload via SSYoutube.

If you download...be vigilant as usual.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Rudi!

I downloaded, installed and ran it; but I've run into some problems. I'll have to work on how to use it correctly.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: (to get your weekend started right)
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Hi Bob,

I just finished downloading a video using VSO. See image.
I literally use it with out the box settings. All I did was change the location where it saves the download.
To use it is just a matter of activating the app. If the little green radar is turning, it is ready to capture any streaming video the moment you activate the video.
If you do not want it to catch a stream, click the radar and it turns red to temporarily disable the app.
1.jpg
TX for the cheers... :yum:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks!

I think I made the mistake of trying to convert the streaming video to MPEG4. I kept getting an error indicator.

Does the app automatically detect the end of the video? In my case it appeared to keep running after the video had ended.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Ignore the converting process. I think that is a feature of a paid version. The video is automatically saved in its native format from the source. In the image, as you can see, it was an *.mp4 download.
As in the image, it downloads the video with the progress bar indicating its status and displaying "Download Finished" at the end.

BTW: Once the video has been started and the app triggers the progress bar, you can close the page containing the video. It does not need to be streaming for the app to capture it.
Regards,
Rudi