I'm Beginning to HATE Amazon

BobH
UraniumLounger

I'm Beginning to HATE Amazon

Post by BobH »

:ranton:
Sometimes, Amazon and I get along just fine; but other times I want to hack their computers and destroy their business!

Upon reading the sad news of Mr. Ravenscroft's death, I decided to purchase and download the album that Baker Street was released on. I was able to select it, and I tried to download it - I detest having to trust 'the cloud' to maintain my music library - without success.

First, every time I purchase digital music, I'm forced to download and install the AmazonMusicInstaller app. It matters not that I already have the app installed and active, I've found no way to bypass the download and install step.

Second, after placing music in my virtual cart and proceeding to check-out, I'm given the option to play from the cloud or download. I select 'download' and immediately see a login screen requiring my email and password for Amazon - never mind that I was logged in to my account on Amazon before I selected the music. But . . . that is just the first irritant before the MAJOR PROBLEM WITH AMAZON! The interface panel - which redundantly asks me to log in - allows me to key in my email addy but it also FORCES me to key in a very long and complex password . . . I cannot simply paste in a copy from my digital password storage application as I can in every other situation I've encountered on the Internet.

Third, I managed to acquire the Amazon customer service number and called it only to get a representative on the other end whose English pronunciation was so abysmal that saying "Yes!" and being understood was nearly impossible. After many repetitions describing my complaint and problem and asking to have clarified why I 1) had to log in a second time and 2) could not paste my password, I was offered the option to reset my password. Upon declining that option, I asked to speak with someone in technical support instead of customer service and was promised that I would be immediately transferred only to quizzed about several points which I though I had already made clear. Finally, I was told that I would be transferred without further questions and was placed on hold listening to very bad music. After 5 minutes I dropped the call without getting any answer at all.

I maintain a Prime Account relationship with Amazon which gives me 'free' shipping on some items (whose prices are often higher than those from sources where I must pay shipping). I pay nearly 100USD for this account.

:rantoff:

My apologies for raising my voice. I wanted no misunderstanding of my dissatisfaction with the service offered. I'd also like to know if anyone else has experienced similar - or different - problems in purchasing from Amazon and/or obtaining support, either for customer service or technical issues.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou: for being there and 'listening.'
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: I'm Beginning to HATE Amazon

Post by hlewton »

Yep I have had some issues with them as well. I hate getting one of their representatives who barely speaks English and when I do I hang up and call back.

I have refused to pay them that $100.00 per year for Prime Account and usually always save little things I want to add on to other orders that may not reach the $35.00 limit for free shipping.

Had I encountered what you just described I'd have immediately called back and also immediately upon them answering would have demanded to speak with the tech support people, if they have any, that is. In the past when I had what I considered a serious problem they have credited my account with a $10.00 gift certificate that I could use on any future orders and I do order a lot from them. I have actually complained, to no avail, to them about some of their prices being higher than other places but I get the feeling they do not really care about that at all.

On a brighter note, I find their return process very easy to use and have never had to pay return shipping on any item I ordered from Amazon itself.
Regards,
hlewton

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I copied the post above and added specific questions after each paragraph and emailed it to them.

When (if?) I get a response, I'll share it in this thread.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

After that rant the beer was rather warm, but TX anyways.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Have a fresh, frosty pint on me! :cheers:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

BobH wrote:I copied the post above and added specific questions after each paragraph and emailed it to them.

When (if?) I get a response, I'll share it in this thread.
Thanks. I'll keep watching for that if it happens. BTW I always have good beer on hand and lots of it and of course it would be as my avatar says.
Regards,
hlewton

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

The problem is that tomorrow never arrives when you need it today. :crazy:
Regards,
Rudi

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I find that with the state of shops in the UK now, the sort of things that you knew you'd be able to get in Woolworths (not the Australian version, note, which is more of a supermarket than a general stores!) occasionally cannot be found in the shops that are left, even in a largish town. Yet they are there on Amazon, in the tens or hundreds of variants!
John Gray

Venison is quiet deer, and quite dear.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Rudi wrote:The problem is that tomorrow never arrives when you need it today. :crazy:
As the White Queen said in "Through the Looking Glass" - "The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday – but never jam to-day."
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

"It must come sometimes to 'jam to-day'," Alice objected.
"No, it can't," said the Queen. "It's jam every other day: to-day isn't any other day, you know."
"I don't understand you," said Alice. "It's dreadfully confusing!"

I might tend to agree with Alice; besides its against Eileen's etiquette to jam.
Regards,
Rudi

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

My view is that you don't have to use Jamazon - other preserves are available...
Leif

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Apple jam?
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Bllackberry jam is much tastier Hans
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Do bllackberries grow in Wales? :innocent:
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

StuartR wrote:Bllackberry jam is much tastier Hans
You can even use traffic jam that is slightly bitter on the palate.
Regards,
Rudi

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Rudi - I'm surprised, nay gobsmacked, you haven't suggested iJam...
Leif

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Or you could try The Very Best of the Jam
StuartR

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Rudi wrote:The problem is that tomorrow never arrives when you need it today. :crazy:
LOL you caught that, huh. BUT let me assure you I never charge for free beer. :cheers:
Regards,
hlewton

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Leif wrote:Rudi - I'm surprised, nay gobsmacked, you haven't suggested iJam...
I was in a jam at that moment and it escaped me.
Regards,
Rudi

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

But... but... you could have been in a jam yesterday, and you could be in a jam tomorrow, but you can never be in a jam today...
Best wishes,
Hans