sad story

mishmish3000
PlatinumLounger

sad story

Post by mishmish3000 »

http://www.wkrn.com/story/25216089/teen ... -in-smyrna" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:sad:
This story is so sad on so many levels! Please, if you know anyone who likes to imbibe a bit, have them find a sober driver. Make them find a sober driver! PLEASE!

The 13 year old boy was from Lascassas, right next door to Milton, and he looks very familiar. I'm sure I've spoken with him and his sister at the Lascassas Volunteer Firefighter's Fish Fry once or twice about paracord bracelets.

If you are able, send a thought or a prayer or a wish to his family and friends.

I wouldn't share this except--you may help someone get home safely, after thinking about this.
Anne

HansV
Administrator

Re: sad story

Post by HansV »

That is sad indeed...
Best wishes,
Hans

mishmish3000
PlatinumLounger

Post by mishmish3000 »

Sorry, I know it's sort of "glurge" but I really do want people to ask their friends to think before drinking and driving. And just to be careful out there. It's a dangerous world, even without impaired drivers. And I care about folks on Eileen's Lounge! Y'all take good care of yourselves!
Anne

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Sad story...(reminds me of the Oscar case that is still churning on down here..!)
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

mishmish3000
PlatinumLounger

Post by mishmish3000 »

Yeah, that's sad too. I wish the best for the families involved. There's a lot of heartbreak there.
Anne

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

Happens all too often unfortunately :sad:
Cheers, Claude.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Too sad to contemplate. My heart bleeds for all affected. We seek to understand the inexplicable but are always incapable.

Prayers offered.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

There was no mention in the article of the driver having been drinking. He could have just suffered from stupidity, and it's much harder to catch that.

Random breath testing in Australia has helped to reduce the road toll drastically, and the culture has changed to one where it's no longer considered ok to drive after a few drinks.

mishmish3000
PlatinumLounger

Post by mishmish3000 »

Well, from what the news has said so far, they did a breathalyzer and it turned out negative, but they also did blood work, which is pending. And they've re-arrested the driver, charging her with vehicular homicide and aggravated assault. She's in jail with no bond allowed. (They'd released her on bail earlier, under the lesser charges she'd been arrested for--leaving the scene of an accident and failing to report a fatal accident...)

The Boy Scouts are awarding the boy the "Spirit of the Eagle" award, since he'd been working towards being an Eagle scout. His funeral is Tuesday morning.
Anne