johbot
2StarLounger

Hours of amusement

Post by johbot »

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Re: Hours of amusement

Post by Skitterbug »

johbot wrote:http://lifehacker.com/5478624/a-celebra ... -tape-diys on the many uses for duct tape.
I bet most every household has a roll of it tucked someplace handy for grabbing and using! We have three or four of them around - red and grey coloured ones! I like to use it for sealing cardboard box seams- for one simple use :yep:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

johbot wrote:http://lifehacker.com/5478624/a-celebra ... -tape-diys on the many uses for duct tape.
I remember that gal's prom dress being features on the news and I wondered if it was restrictive or not. Don't ya just love it when people refer to it as "duck tape"? :rofl: :rofl:
It is a staple in our home as well.
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Duck tape? :innocent:
ducktape.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

HansV wrote:Duck tape? :innocent:
hahahahaha!! There is an actual club called Duck Tape Club
which you can find here http://www.duckbrand.com/

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

Hey Jude wrote: ... Don't ya just love it when people refer to it as "duck tape"? :rofl: :rofl: ...
I'd heard somewhere (probably on Mythbusters) that it was originally called duck tape because it was designed to do running repairs on these, but of course you have to take that with a pinch of salt...
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

jonwallace wrote:
Hey Jude wrote: ... Don't ya just love it when people refer to it as "duck tape"? :rofl: :rofl: ...
I'd heard somewhere (probably on Mythbusters) that it was originally called duck tape because it was designed to do running repairs on these, but of course you have to take that with a pinch of salt...
You are absolutely CORRECT!~~! I grew up being taught that as well. We could be out of everything else, but we always had ample supply of "duck tape." Temporary fixes became permanent because well, "if it ain't broke" policy was in effect once it was patched :rofl: Course back then it was only grey. Now, we have more PC colors hehe :laugh: When we visited the Wisconsin Dells 2 years ago, one of the local attractions is Original Wisconsin Ducks ;however, as a kayaker on the Wisconsin River it was disconcerting to say the least to have one of these "ducks" do their 360 turns swooshing the water all over. Took me by surprise at first and I hoped I wouldn't experience first-hand the rollover maneuver that had been taught.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

My first run in with this type of tape, was called "Ammo tape". We used it to seal fuses and the like that were used with the small eight inch diameter projectiles that we were shooting when I was in the army. We also used it to tape the prisoners (we had war games at that time) hands when they were captured. :flee:

This tape was a green in color and stood out from any of the other "Army Greens" that we were accustomed to.
Last edited by DaveA on 12 May 2010, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

jeanlerypaz
NewLounger

Post by jeanlerypaz »

Hey Jude wrote:
I remember that gal's prom dress being features on the news and I wondered if it was restrictive or not. Don't ya just love it when people refer to it as "duck tape"? :rofl: :rofl:
It is a staple in our home as well.
That prom dresses featured on the news was quite interesting for me. I want to know what they are made from and where we could be able to buy some of it also. I'm just looking for the most suitable prom dress that I could wear with an elegant taste of its styles because I'm going to attend a very special prom in my life I guess.
Last edited by jeanlerypaz on 15 May 2010, 07:41, edited 1 time in total.

Sundog
5StarLounger

Post by Sundog »

During a couple of years in Alaska, I learned that its proper appellation in the Great Land was 100-mile-per-hour tape. All bush pilots carried an ample supply.
Sundog

Slim
StarLounger

Post by Slim »

Sundog wrote:During a couple of years in Alaska, I learned that its proper appellation in the Great Land was 100-mile-per-hour tape. All bush pilots carried an ample supply.
And I might add, they carry an ample supply of baling wire to supplement the tape.
Regards,
Slim