Fun Puzzle - Only 9 Questions

BobH
UraniumLounger

Fun Puzzle - Only 9 Questions

Post by BobH »

(If this is a repeat, I apologize for wasting the bandwidth.)

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.'
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Fun Puzzle - Only 9 Questions

Post by HansV »

I'm afraid it's a repeat - see Today is Mental Health Day - Test Yours with this Quiz. But never mind, it was fun!
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Darn....and I thought my IQ was higher as I seemed I know some of these without thinking too hard...
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

As I think I've said before, I've reached the age where I can hide my own Easter Eggs.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

BobH wrote:As I think I've said before, I've reached the age where I can hide my own Easter Eggs.
...and even that has its brighter side...

I'm actually on leave at the moment; my last day was on Friday last week. When I woke up on Saterday and opened up Outlook, a notification popped up with the message "Your on leave!!" Well...what a surprise. I emailed my work on Monday and told them I was not AWOL :laugh:
:whisper: Thank goodness for that notification!
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.