Rechargeable Batteries

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Rechargeable Batteries

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Leif wrote:Under NO circumstances, short circuit a battery unless you are 100% certain it has no energy left.
So is this the sort of thing that might be happening to cause a toothbrush to explode?
Colgate issues recall over ‘exploding’ toothbrushes

I'm not asking if it is the cause of this particular event, but if a short-circuit in a battery-powered device caused a fast discharge, the battery might heat up to the point of explosion, resulting in a flaw like this?
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

ChrisGreaves wrote:I'm not asking if it is the cause of this particular event, but if a short-circuit in a battery-powered device caused a fast discharge, the battery might heat up to the point of explosion, resulting in a flaw like this?
Possibly. It all depends on the definition of 'explosion' and what actually 'exploded'. It could be that the motor disintegrated....

ChrisGreaves wrote::knockonwood:
:eddiefloyd1966:

Next question?
Leif

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Leif wrote:Possibly. It all depends on the definition of 'explosion'
Thanks Leif.
If it is reported in a tabloid, I guess it's an "explosion", otherwise it would be a "malfunction" :laugh:
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Hi Al,

My son who is an avid photographer (hobbyist) recommended a Sanyo battery called eneloop. I acquired an assortment of sizes and can attest that they really last a long time. I use them in my digital camera and find that they can last several months before needing a recharge... and this is with extensive use. You many want to consider them for your camera use.

Wikipedia Article

Sanyo web site

Amazon's website
Regards,
Bob

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

BobArch2 wrote:...My son who is an avid photographer (hobbyist) recommended a Sanyo battery called eneloop...
A quick browse of their web site suggests that these use the same hybrid technology as the ReCyko batteries.
StuartR