Dell Duo

Timelord
4StarLounger

Dell Duo

Post by Timelord »

Recently I saw someone at one of our conferences with a Dell Duo. This looks really good and seems to run Windows 7 with only 2 Gig of RAM just fine. I really like the tablet / laptop capabilities. My issue is that I would rather have more RAM (I just don't think 2 Gig is enough). Since Dell makes it so that this cannot have more RAM has anyone seen another product similar?

I guess I should say what I really like. The ability to have a tablet / touchscreen and when I need to I can readily pop out an attached keyboard and have a screen just like a regular laptop. Gives you that whole clipboard feel from the old days, when we used paper and allows you to sit down and use a computer while on the go.

Thanks
Who will you Inspire today?

stuckling1
2StarLounger

Re: Dell Duo

Post by stuckling1 »

I saw an advert in a UK paper recently for something similar by Acer.. but I can't remember the exact specs!

I think (having googled) that it could have been an Acer Iconia W500.

It runs Win7 and I think you might be able to get different RAM/Processor for extra money... But I'm not sure.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Dell Duo

Post by stuck »

If you look at the web site for the Acer Icona W series it seems that 2Gb is the max RAM they can take.

Ken