RF Headphones for Apple TV

BobH
UraniumLounger

RF Headphones for Apple TV

Post by BobH »

I have a pre-4th-generation Apple TV that I use for video streaming. The generation that I have does not have BlueTooth capability but does have an RF transmission capability that can be used with wireless headphones. Wireless headphones allow me to watch TV while the wife is using her iPad and headphones; so we don't disturb each over.

I found a pair of inexpensive headphones made by Innovative Technology that worked with Apple TV; however their headband was made of a brittle, fragile plastic that was easily broken. Rather than purchasing another set with vulnerabilities, I've been searching for a better pair of wireless RF receiver headphones that will work with my Apple TV's transmitter.

I've had little success finding inexpensive (< 25USD) RF headsets searching online. I would prefer a product with rechargeable batteries but that seems to treble cost, at a minimum. Does anyone know of any products I should investigate?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:

BONUS FOR PEDANTS:
Does anyone know if such words and on-line and e-mail may correctly be spelled as online and email, respectively? It seems to me that the hyphens are unnecesary.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: RF Headphones for Apple TV

Post by viking33 »

I can't be of much help on this question, Bob. ( particularly when talking about Apple products )
I can recommend a manufacturer that you might at least check out, It's Bose Corporation. For the finest audio products and accessories i always look to Bose first. Bose.com
However the words Bose and inexpensive are not usually used in the same sentence. They are pricey but but are the best. IMHO.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Bob! I wish I could afford Bose!!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

viking33 wrote:I can't be of much help on this question, Bob. ( particularly when talking about Apple products )
I can recommend a manufacturer that you might at least check out, It's Bose Corporation. For the finest audio products and accessories i always look to Bose first. Bose.com
However the words Bose and inexpensive are not usually used in the same sentence. They are pricey but are the best. IMHO.
BOB

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Soory Bob but having tried a few Google searches I can't get anywhere near your budget of <25USD, i.e. at that price I doubt you'll get anything other than 'easily broken'. Regardless of brand, decent headphones are not cheap.

As an aside, IMHO Bose are over rated, a bit like Apple, they get away with high prices just because of their name.

Ken

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

stuck wrote:Soory Bob but having tried a few Google searches I can't get anywhere near your budget of <25USD, i.e. at that price I doubt you'll get anything other than 'easily broken'. Regardless of brand, decent headphones are not cheap.

As an aside, IMHO Bose are over rated, a bit like Apple, they get away with high prices just because of their name.

Ken
Hey Ken, We have two Bob's in on this thread. BobH is the OP, I chimed in afterwards. so I assume your second paragraph is to me?
Opinions are just that....opinions. I can state one instance of agreement of Bose. I attended an IEEE trade show one year in NYC where the floor of the Colosseum was packed with engineers, most of whom were crowded around the Bose booth. where they were showing their Wave radio, just a small unit about 15 inches or so. The audio coming out of that little box was "knocking the socks off" many experienced but rather blase' engineers. The two speakers were just small 3 1/2" but you would think Bose had some huge hidden blasters somewhere in their booth. They explained that it wasn't the size of their speakers but the design of the speaker enclosures that did it! That demo sold me on Bose and their products.
So far as Apple goes, I think their marketing scheme of planned obsolescence is much better than their i boxes. I know a lot of people disagree but then, that's an opinion! :grin:
BOB

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

From How to Spell Email (or E-mail):
E-mail and email are both correct ways to spell the same word. The issue of the hyphen (or lack thereof) in e-mail is still far from being settled.
Inline appears to be far more common than in-line.
Best wishes,
Hans