Widescreen Monitors

BobH
UraniumLounger

Widescreen Monitors

Post by BobH »

As I am embarking on yet another year of this life's sojourn, my DD and SIL gifted me with a 24" LED wide-screen monitor. All I can say is WOW!

This thing is so bright it almost hurts my eyes. It's so wide that I haven't see a word wrap sentence since my SIL installed it.

So . . . all you state-of-the-art hardware folks, how might I best take advantage of all this newfound visual territory? Any hints, tips and suggestions greatly appreciated.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: Widescreen Monitors

Post by John Gray »

You know you can turn the brightness and contrast down, don't you?! :innocent:
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Happy birthday to you ... :thumbup:

You could try some shortcut keys like:

WIN + Left Arrow (to snap a first window to the left)
WIN + Right Arrow (to snap a second window to right)
Doing the above on two windows will cause you to have a two tiled screen so you can work between the two.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

BobH wrote:...how might I best take advantage of all this newfound visual territory?...
:innocent: Ask your SIL for a second, matching, monitor? Use a dual monitor set up once and thereafter a single monitor (no matter how large) feels cramped.

Ken

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Remember, if you have to twist your head to red a full line of text, then your program pane is to wide. Resize it so you will not get "tennis elbow of the neck". If you do not resize the pane you will be sorry as the pain will get to you.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thank you, everyone.

Yes, Dave, I find I'm having to turn my head to read an entire line. I guess this means that I'll be able to keep 2 or more apps in view in minimized mode from now on.

Ken, I have a second monitor that is also a TV receiver that is even larger than this widescreen but with a 16:9 aspect ratio; so I know what you mean.

It has been years since I bought a new monitor. I'm gobsmacked at the improvement in technology. This new one is so thin it's almost like a layer of wall paint.

:wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs