Of Mice and Me (Sorry Mr. Steinbeck)

BobH
UraniumLounger

Of Mice and Me (Sorry Mr. Steinbeck)

Post by BobH »

I have been using a Logitech M510 wireless mouse for years. It works great for just about everything except as a drawing device. I've been using the free version of SketchUp for a while now. I find that the act of clicking a mouse button to complete an action in SU often causes the mouse pointer location to skip. It does so without indication except when I am zoomed in to the most micro of views where I can see the jump and fix it immediately. Of course, drawing in extreme zoom mode is impossible and switching to it every time I need a mouse click almost impossible - certainly so cumbersome that I almost never do it.

In addition to the cursor position changes, I find that the mouse is not selecting a tool every time I position the cursor and press the button to select. I must wait and verify that the cursor changes to indicate the chosen tool. Quite frequently it does not.

I posted on the SU forum about the problems asking if anyone else is having similar issues. No one spoke to say, 'yeah, me too'. Those who did respond suggested that the mouse might be the problem because of the way SU code operates.

I don't know what the problem is, but would like to be rid of it. Has anyone here experienced similar mouse problems - or even sorta similar ones - or even very different ones that were resolved by a new mouse? If so, what was the problem brand and model and what brand and model solved issue?

I like the ergonomics of the Logitech M510. If I replace it I would like to find something with similar case molding to better fit the thumb position, etc.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Of Mice and Me (Sorry Mr. Steinbeck)

Post by HansV »

I have no experience with this myself, but you might consider getting a drawing pad and stylus. Wacom is a well-known manufacturer.
Best wishes,
Hans