Laptop/Notebook Screen Alignment

BobH
UraniumLounger

Laptop/Notebook Screen Alignment

Post by BobH »

My HP 530 notebook screen has gradually moved over so that on many screens the first character on a line is not visible. I've googled to no avail. Does anyone have suggestions for re-aligning the screen?
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Laptop/Notebook Screen Alignment

Post by StuartR »

Can you tell if this is a physical problem or a logical one?

Does the screen appear to have moved behind the bezel on one side, or is it simply an issue with the driver cutting off the characters?
StuartR

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I'm not sure, Stuart. The problem only occurs when I visit a web page or use a product that completely fills the screen. Many, if not most, screens have margins and the problem doesn't occur. It reminds me of the old CRT monitors that came with signal positioning adjustments. I don't know whether or not LCDs have similar hardware controls for position images. I'll have to grab some screen shots when I next encounter the problem. Eileen's Lounge displays beautifully - of course!

Thanks for the response.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

LCD screens don't have a horizontal adjustment like CRT screens.

Can you make sure that the display driver is set to the native resolution of the screen, a quick search suggests that this should be 1280 x 800
StuartR

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

The intel graphic setting area on my HP Compaq PC has a screen adjustment section. It is under the advanced settings button in the display settings tab.

see attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube