Anyone Have a Netgear WNDR4300 Router . . .

BobH
UraniumLounger

Anyone Have a Netgear WNDR4300 Router . . .

Post by BobH »

. . . besides me?

Several days ago I noticed that I was being bumped offline, seemingly without cause. By Thursday last, I could no longer make a wireless connection with any device. (Still cannot; I'm tethered to my cable modem with an Ethernet cable.) The first troubleshooting results indicated that I had a corrupted DNS server. After spending a painful hour with Time Warner support, I was finally able get an Internet connection via Ethernet proving that the ISP DNS server is functional.

I've spent the better part of the last 2 days trying to figure out if I have a router hardware problem. The only indication I can find that there is a problem with the router is that it does not make an Internet connection. Nothing I have tried yet has allowed me to overcome this.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with a NetGEAR WNDR4300 device? If I don't get it fixed soon my wife and I are likely to have words . . . and I'm certain that we will only be able to use hers.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Re: Anyone Have a Netgear WNDR4300 Router . . .

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Bob, have you tried this link? http://support.netgear.com/product/WNDR4300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Anyone Have a Netgear WNDR4300 Router . . .

Post by BobH »

Thanks, George.

I found nothing on that site that could help, but I appreciate your posting it.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs