iPhone 6 Camera Specifications

BobH
UraniumLounger

iPhone 6 Camera Specifications

Post by BobH »

Can anyone tell me where to find these specifications for the iPhone 6 camera?

I would like to know its closest auto-focus distance for sharp images, and the size of the field of view at that distance.

I want to photograph all the ID cards I need to carry for medical reasons. This includes insurance cards and makes of artificial joints and stents placed in my coronary arteries. I plan to photograph fronts and backs then do some photo-shopping to show the images of each side beside each other. This means that the images should be the same size or as nearly so as I can make them.

I thought I would make a tripod-like device where the camera would be elevated above the field of view. This would assure the same size images of fronts and backs of ID cards.

If anyone has done this, I'd be much obliged to know their techniques and results.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: iPhone 6 Camera Specifications

Post by Rudi »

Hi Bob,

There is a lot of info on the iPhone 6 camera, but not a lot of technical reviews on its depth of field and the measurements associated with it. I did come across these two pages that can provide a bit of detail you might seek...

-- How can a super tiny iPhone 6 Plus lens produce significant DOF?
-- Comparing depth of field: iPhone 6 vs camera

Personally, I wouldn't fuss too much with the capturing process regarding DOF and distance from subject, or even lighting...since post capture software can clean up most images without much effort at all. I do agree having some form of tripod or mount and a constant light source to capture the images equally as the post image cleanup will b e a breeze, esp. if the software has a batch editing mode.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.