Bauhn DVD Maker

AlanMiller
BronzeLounger

Bauhn DVD Maker

Post by AlanMiller »

I bought one of these USB dongly thingos to try to get my old VHS tapes onto DVD. Unfortunately, I can find little reference to the product on the web and no solution to my problem. Nor can their helpdesk! So here goes:

The software and driver seem to be doing (nearly) what they are supposed to do. I can see the VHS playing in real time on the capture screen, but no audio coming through. The correct Audio device (screenshot) should be the Audio Pin Source (as selected). But any attempt to "capture" fails. If I select the (inappropriate) FrontMic though, the capture works but, not surprisingly, without sound.

I have checked as much in the way of drivers and configurations as I can think of, but have found no issues. It looks to me like the "Audio Pin Source" is simply not being "seen" or recognized by anything. I'm hoping that somebody may be able to guide me as to what to look for in drivers, devices, sound etc. to try to find the source of the problem, or what's missing or whatever. Sorry to be so vague, but I'm lost in where to start.

Bauhn DVD Maker DK8723
ArcSoft Showbiz 3.5 - capture software
Conexant Video Grabber - driver
Windows 7

Alan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Bauhn DVD Maker

Post by Rudi »

I am on a work PC so do not have access to Youtube, but found something that could help...if you have not found it already :smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s0t1Kxynks

Some more 2-cents contributions:
Have you considered upgrading ArcSoft ShowBiz to the latest version (v.5)
Also, consider running updates on Codecs (like K-Lite Codec pack)
Try a different video editing app, just to experiment and determine if the sound issue is hardware or software related
Last edited by Rudi on 28 Nov 2013, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

AlanMiller
BronzeLounger

Re: Bauhn DVD Maker

Post by AlanMiller »

Thanks Rudi. Not sure if this gets to the issue though. This is using a microphone input from the look of it. My audio is meant to be coming through the USB dongle from the RCA VHS outputs. That's the "Audio Pin Source" not being recognized by anything.

cheers
Alan

Sorry, should have added that I have used other editing apps on existing video files and no issues with the audio. I'm leaning to hardware/driver problems. Also been told that other customers have had no issues with v.3.5. Yeah, right!