USb 3.0 Powered Hub

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

USb 3.0 Powered Hub

Post by hlewton »

While trying to use an USB 3.0 power hub, once any devise is connected to it, it kills my Logitech wireless mouse. I have two USB 3 ports on the back of my computer and I have tried both of them. In one right now I am using a 2 TB external drive which functions fine in either of the 2 USB 3.0 ports. The first of these powered hubs I sent back and had replaced because the technician thought I might have a faulty devise but since two of these devises acted exactly the same I am kind of ruling out a faulty devise. Also the fellow who builds my computers did a remote connect on my computer and determined that the USB 3.0 serial bus controllers are functioning as they should. Everything look fine in the Devise Manager. I can't find any help through Google so I hope someone here may have either experienced this or have some advise on how to correct it

Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: USb 3.0 Powered Hub

Post by hlewton »

I hate to reply to myself but I'll just mention what I have learned after talking to a Logitech technician. This appears to be a known problem at Logitech which is the brand of mouse and keyboard I am using.
Regards,
hlewton

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Post by garbsmj »

my usb hub died and I have a logitech mouse. I don't think it was that but interesting thing to find out. Problem is my headphones went out as well and I only have two usb ports (other one is dedicated to my external hard drive). Since kitty likes to jump in my lap, I just figured it choked to death by stray cat hairs.
When one cat leaves, another mysteriously shows up.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Well at first I talked to the maker of the 3.0 powered USB hub and he thought if I had the latest drivers for my USB 3 serial bus controllers, which I did, it was the devise itself. So since it was brand new I sent it back for a replacement and the replacement did the exact same thing so I called Logitech and spoke with one of their technicians. He did say it was a known problem that power hubs can cause the mouse to lock up and that they were working on a solution. He had no idea how long the solution, if ever, would take but promised to email me when it was fixed. So for now I will do without the hub and if I ever really need it and if the solutions hasn't been found I guess I'll have to switch to a wired mouse and I suppose a keyboard as well since they came as a combination.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Ok let's try using this same thread for this question. I have been searching sites that sell mice and keyboards and cannot not seem to find anything comparable to my wireless mouse and keyboard but, as mentioned above, they freeze up. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good combination of a wired keyboard and mouse set that would use only one USB port. I have a relatively large and comfortable keyboard and a button programmable mouse now and would like to find the same features in a wired version but so far I have had no luck looking.

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton