Cordless Logitec mouse

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Cordless Logitec mouse

Post by Dave Davison »

Hi, The mouse that came with my cordless keyboard is falling apart so is presently (precariously) held together with masking tape so I would like to know if, - ordering one like that shown - will automatically function with the receiver that came with original set? Would not like to purchase a new one only to find it will not function so needs to be returned [with all the hassle that such can entail.] Many thanks Dave D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Cordless Logitec mouse

Post by StuartR »

Look on your wireless transmitter for the exact model number. Then search for this on the web and you should be able to find a list of compatible mice.
StuartR

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jay Freedman »

It depends on which keyboard you have and what type of receiver it uses.

Logitech's higher-end mice and keyboards use something they call a "Unifying" receiver that can connect up to six peripherals. The lower-end ones such as the M185 use a "Nano" receiver; the description doesn't say anything about sharing between mouse and keyboard.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/promotions/6072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I suspect you would need two receivers -- one for the keyboard and one for the mouse -- plugged into separate ports on the computer.

There are a couple of mouse+keyboard combos that cost about the same as a midrange mouse: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/w ... 70?crid=27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/w ... 20?crid=27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

I would think that if you buy a cordless mouse only, it'll come with its own receiver. As for the Unifying receiver, I've found that they only work reliably if the receiver is in direct line of sight of the keyboard and the mouse, i.e. if you put the receiver on top of a desktop computer under the desk, the communication isn't reliable. That is probably the reason that it comes with a USB extension cable.
Cheers, Claude.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks gents for the replies, here is a photo of the details on the rear of the receiver; from this information can some expert point me to an on-line supplier from whom I can acquire a replacement? Kind regards Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

If the current one is falling apart, I would say that you will NOT find a "Replacement" and will need to buy a complete new unit.

Also note, that in the lower right corner of your posed image is the "RECEIVER" number that is needed. (SK89? T.E. Receiver)
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Dave, I think the model number of the wireless receiver is C-SF17 (near the top, next to M/N).
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

The model number is indeed C-SF17 and the only mouse that Logitech claims to be compatible with this has a model number of M-RR95

I don't think you can buy one of these any more, but you might be lucky and find one on eBay
StuartR

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

As every gents, sincere thanks for the advice, will post back in due course to let you know what success I have with the search. Regards Dave.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Having done some searching on Amazon I note that cordless keyboards with a mouse are available from as little as £15 but the one that caught my eye as a possible replacement is the model Logitech produce that has a built in mouse pad [see below] I have a laptop which of course has such a function but don't dote on it and wondered if anyone has such a keyboard and can enlighten me about it please. Regards Dave.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I have one of those, Dave. It's quite small. It's fine for use in the living room but not really big and sturdy enough for use on a desktop PC.
StuartR

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks for the feedback will bear that in mind when deciding what to replace my existing one with. Cheers Dave.