Android Smartphone "Data Connection"

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Android Smartphone "Data Connection"

Post by Bigaldoc »

I put this here rather than in Scuttlebutt because it MAY be of some future interest to another Android phone user.

I almost never use my smartphone for web access, mostly because what's on the screen is too SMALL and if I enlarge it, that requires inordinate scrolling just to see what's going on.

But, I have done so in the past as today, trying to get an "app" for the Android. I have spent the better part of the afternoon trying to deal with a "no data connection" whenever I would try to access the web. I've been through EVERY setting on the phone to see what I might have accidentally changed, causing this failure. Found nothing.

So I started Googling on the desktop machine to see if I could find anything. About an hour ago I came across some forum somewhere in which a user had a similar problem. Someone suggested he "toggle airplane mode." So, I thought what the heck, I'll give it a try. Nothing ventured, etc.

It worked and my 3G data connection came back to life !!! Go figger ...

Now, if I can only login to play.google.com/apps to download and install the CALL BLOCKER that I'm after. I've been getting this same toll free call, EVERY WEEKDAY for over a month.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Android Smartphone "Data Connection"

Post by stuck »

There must have been a bit of fluff in your phone, across the 3G data connection but not across the phone line. Toggling airplane mode dislodged it.

Well, it a theory anyway :grin:

Ken