Save in FastStone by default rather than Photo Suite 2

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Save in FastStone by default rather than Photo Suite 2

Post by Dave Davison »

Until recently when I used Faststone Capture to copy a section of whatever is on screen, it was saved with the Faststone app. but since I downloaded Photo Suite 2, it by default saves the item. Short of uninstalling the latter which has some handy options I have got used to, is it possible to change some setting so it leaves the saving to Faststone as the image when saved by Photo Suite 2 shows a + where the cursor is hovered over it which - in turn - disfigures the image if moved. (see 2nd att.) If I reopen the captured image using i.e. Nero Photo Snap Viewer or Irfanview, the image is not disfigured if I move the cursor over it. Also, an item saved using either of the last two -when right clicked on- (1st Att) gives a menu with various options whereas that saved using Photo Suite 2 does not. Hope that makes sense.. Dave. :scratch:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Save in FastStone by default rather than Photo Suite 2

Post by HansV »

Which Faststone application did you use to view pictures? Faststone Capture itself is not a picture viewer, it's only an application to capture screenshots.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Re: Save in FastStone by default rather than Photo Suite 2

Post by Dave Davison »

Hello Hans....I suspected my explanation would not convey the exact details of the little idiosyncracy I have encountered so rather than muddy the waters any further I decided that (seeing I already have other photo editing programs like Irfanview & Microsoft Office Picture Manager) Imight as well uninstall Photo Suite 2 and now things are as they were before. Sorry for messing things up....Dave.