FastStone Capture

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

FastStone Capture

Post by Bigaldoc »

I think some of you may remember posts about this software from Hans or me or maybe others. I've been using it for a long time and have always liked its ease of use and features.

Yesterday I started using its screen recorder feature which is one aspect of it that I've not yet had a need for. However, in the past year that I've been very active on Facebook, connecting with MANY family, friends, classmates and former co-workers, there have been a number of times where I've been called upon to tell someone how to perform a certain Facebook function.

I've been doing that in the "usual" fashion of writing down a tutorial and following up as needed with chit-chat.

Yesterday for the first time, I recorded a video using FS's screen recorder. It was very easy to do, allows for a title screen if you like and when viewed in HD on Facebook looks very true to what one sees on the local computer. Once again I highly recommend FastStone Screen Capture where $20 USD will get you a lifetime license.

PS I have no connection with the company other than a like for their software!

HansV
Administrator

Re: FastStone Capture

Post by HansV »

Although I haven't used the screen recorder extensively, I was impressed by the quality and small file size of the videos produced.
Best wishes,
Hans

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

HansV wrote:Although I haven't used the screen recorder extensively, I was impressed by the quality and small file size of the videos produced.
I have used that aspect as well, and have been very satisfied with the overall quality~! I found it quite by accident one day after just learning to use FS. It surprised me and made me glad that I had invested that small price~!
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Not long ago I added a post to Movie DVD Audio in the hopes that someone could help me with a SOUND problem concerning FastStone's Screen Capture program and doing screen recordings.

As I said at the beginning here, the screen recorder is very easy to use and makes excellent viewing quality. The problem I'm having is that I can't get decent audio from the files and I've mucked around with all the SoundBlaster settings and when I play back a video I have to crank my volume all the way to the top and the sound is still barely audible. This afternoon I'm gonna borrow a better mic from someone to see if that's the problem.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Postscript: I just wrote to Chris in another thread that I found the answer to my problem yesterday.

I had a bad (or very weak) microphone! When I replaced it with a loaner yesterday, I'm now managing to get very acceptable audio with my testings.

The loaner is still one of the low-budget type that comes with a computer. So, if I end up doing much of this stuff I might have to invest in something a tad better.