ClickYes - I'm slapping my forehead again (solved!)

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

ClickYes - I'm slapping my forehead again (solved!)

Post by ChrisGreaves »

(Please see also "ClickYes - trap for young players")

I used the old ClickYes for a year or more, it ran well under WinXp/Word2000.
At the start of this year I had to switch to Win7HP/Office 2003 and the old ClickYes wouldn't work. It did not intercept the calls from Word2003.

At that time I was plagued with all the Good Old Aps that suddenly didn't work under Win7, so I thought I had to d/l the ClickYesPro2010Setup.exe, Which came with a nn-day trial.
The trial expired, I RevoUninstalled it and have been putting up with the Outlook delay mechanism for about a month now.

This morning on a whim I re-installed ClickYes Express (ClickYesSetup) and the "Read ReadMe?" question flashed by my eyes.
I re-re-installed it and read the Readme.
Sure enough, there are options. (Right-Click on the icon in the system tray, lower right-hand corner of the screen)
1.png
The basic ClickYes appears to install with "Start Suspended" checked ON.
As you see from the screenshot above, I have now checked it OFF.

And post this message to let y'all know how happy I am. :music:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Re: ClickYes - I'm slapping my forehead again (solved!)

Post by Gloria E »

Chris, please explain Click Yes. I never heard of it and am curious. Could it be clickyes.com?
I could Google it but would like to knw why you like it so much.

Thanks,
Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Gloria, you need Express ClickYes if you use (VBA) code to send email messages from Microsoft Office Outlook 2000, 2002 or 2003. To protect against automated spam, you normally have to click Yes for each e-mail to allow it - rather tedious if you want to send out tens of messages. As the name indicates, ClickYes takes away the chore by clicking Yes for you.

If you don't use VBA code to send email messages from Microsoft Office Outlook, you don't need ClickYes.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Gloria, you need Express ClickYes if you use (VBA) code to send email messages from Microsoft Office Outlook 2000, 2002 or 2003. To protect against automated spam, you normally have to click Yes for each e-mail to allow it - rather tedious if you want to send out tens of messages. As the name indicates, ClickYes takes away the chore by clicking Yes for you.

If you don't use VBA code to send email messages from Microsoft Office Outlook, you don't need ClickYes.
Thanks Hans,

I definently do not need the program, VBA code and I are not on speaking terms. :thankyou:
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Gloria E wrote:Chris, please explain Click Yes. I never heard of it and am curious. Could it be clickyes.com?
I could Google it but would like to know why you like it so much.
Yes, Gloria. It is ClickYes.com, younger sibling of ClickYesPRO.
I like it because it overcomes Microsoft's idiotic half-baked response to the threat of viruses.
If you think about it, a warning that something might be trying to (programmaticly) hijack your email is a good thing.
But not allowing a developer or user to respond that this particular program is trusted is a really bad idea.

In my case I run a variety of services which, first thing each morning, issue a series of emails to subscribers.
Without ClickYes I have to sit at my desk clicking on a "YES" button every five seconds.
Forcing me to make a manual action for each iteration of an automated process is the height of idiocy.

Think now of the dialogue boxes that include buttons such as "Yes To All" or "Do not remind me again" and the like.
How easy it would have been to provide a button that said in effect "It's OK, I know this program. I wrote it myself. Put it on a trusted list and don't worry about it again, but continue to trap other programs I've not warned you about"?

Or better still "It's OK, I know this program. I wrote it myself. Put it on a trusted list as long as it is running between 6am and 8am and don't worry about it again, but continue to trap other programs I've not warned you about"?

I have spent 40+ years using computers to avoid the boring and repetitive tasks in life, and now Microsoft takes an automated solution and forces the user back into a boring and repetitive task.

Don't get me started!
(Too late! :grin: )
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

By the way, Office 2007 and later don't display the security warnings if you have up-to-date antivirus software.
Best wishes,
Hans