I Need A Clipboard Extender Program

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

I Need A Clipboard Extender Program

Post by Bigaldoc »

For reference you might read my thread here in the Graphics Forum.

I'm of a notion to dump my long-time use of ClipMate Clipboard Extender and replace it with something FREE, of which I know there are several. I'm looking for suggestions from anyone with some experience with the freebies.

About all I really need the thing to do is accumulate multiple copy efforts in case I want to paste one of those I've already copied ClipMate has lots of other "fancy" capabilities that I never use like chaining clips and so on. Advance thanks for any suggestions.

Here's a brief clip of part of the ClipMate window (system tray) so you can see an example of multiple clips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pilgrim
2StarLounger

Re: I Need A Clipboard Extender Program

Post by Pilgrim »

Al,

It isn't FREE, but it IS well worth the small fee to buy it. It has the typical 30-day trial offer. I've been using it for many years from its first release and can testify that it is one incredible program. It may be much more than what you are looking for?? But, to be honest, I don't use most of what it can do yet for what I am using it for, which is similar to what you are wanting a clipboard extender to do, it does it in spades. :grin:

See what it's all about, etc., here: Clipcache Pro.
Jeff

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Pilgrim wrote:It isn't FREE, but it IS well worth the small fee to buy it. It has the typical 30-day trial offer.
Thanks Jeff. I'll give it a look. I've already tried two freebies today and both had one little thing each that kept me from continuing. One made you open its window, select a clip and press enter to paste it. The Ctrl-V was used for something else. The other one stored its clips in something like a directory tree that you had to navigate through to get to a clip for pasting. Yuck to both. A third one didn't do graphics, so I passed it by.

I'm gonna give yours a try because its been so long with ClipMate, BUT (and this is key) I think my problem IS with this latest and greatest version of Corel PSP X2. The aforementioned two programs had the clipboard disabled after an exit from PSP X2!

Sorry for the long story but thanks for the tip. Off to download it now...

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

Bigaldoc wrote:I've already tried two freebies today and both had one little thing each that kept me from continuing.
Al, can you tell us the names of the programs you were looking at and a little more info? Did you look at any of those listed here:

http://gettingcrapdone.com/2006/11/09/n ... of-clippy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Gotta like the website name. :wink: )
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Goshute wrote:Al, can you tell us the names of the programs you were looking at and a little more info? Did you look at any of those listed here:

http://gettingcrapdone.com/2006/11/09/n ... of-clippy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The two I tried were called BriefClips and Ditto. The third one that didn't do graphics I didn't even take note of.

I've now got one from Jeff and one from you to keep me busy this evening! Thank you sir!

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Pilgrim wrote:Clipcache Pro
Jeff, I should report that of those I've tried so far, ClipCachePro is the only one that PSP X2 Ultimate doesn't "bust" upon exit from X2! Hoorah! I may buy this baby yet! It's similar enough in GUI to ClipMate that my learning curve should be slight, it does capture graphic clips nicely (I tested that with small clips from WITHIN X2.

I'm not in any hurry and I WOULD like to hear from Corel, but this one looks like a keeper. I've got it making a POP sound when I capture and I setup the same hotkey as I was used to in ClipMate to open the GUI for selection of clips. Lookin' good and I really appreciate the tip.

THANKS!

DenGar
3StarLounger

Post by DenGar »

I've had good results with Mike Lin's Clipomatic--urls, copy/paste selections, and images. And it's free.
http://www.mlin.net/Clipomatic.shtml

CNET has positive editors' ratings--user rating aren't quite as good, but only 13 users have replied. The CNET link also lists and links a number of clipboard downloads: http://download.cnet.com/Clipomatic/300 ... 38262.html

ChrisJakarta
StarLounger

Post by ChrisJakarta »

DenGar wrote:I've had good results with Mike Lin's Clipomatic--urls, copy/paste selections, and images. And it's free.
Another vote for Clipomatic. Wouldn't be without it!

Chris

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

DenGar wrote:I've had good results with Mike Lin's Clipomatic...
Thanks to you and Chris. I've downloaded it and I'll wait to see how I get on with the 30 test of the one Jeff recommended. Seems to me I've tried the Mike Lin software some years ago but I don't remember why I didn't stick with it.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

ChrisJakarta wrote:Another vote for Clipomatic. Wouldn't be without it!
Welcome to Eileen's Lounge, Chris!
Best wishes,
Hans

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

DenGar wrote:I've had good results with Mike Lin's Clipomatic--urls, copy/paste selections, and images.
If you say it's good I'll give it a whirl. And yes, the price is right. :broke:
Goshute

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

DenGar wrote:I've had good results with Mike Lin's Clipomatic ...
Unless I've totally misunderstood this one, it DOESN'T copy graphic clips to its cache and that's a show stopper for me. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

Bigaldoc wrote:Unless I've totally misunderstood this one, it DOESN'T copy graphic clips to its cache and that's a show stopper for me.
I think you are right, and Dennis gave us a :moon: steer. The download page does state that it caches text, and does not mention images. But actually that's all I want, so I'm keeping it a while longer.

:scold: Shame on you Dennis! :wink: (kidding)
Goshute

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Goshute wrote:... that's all I want, so I'm keeping it a while longer.
Tightwad! The one Jeff recommended (so far) is SUPER and it's "only" $30 bucks!

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

Bigaldoc wrote:
Goshute wrote:... that's all I want, so I'm keeping it a while longer.
Tightwad! The one Jeff recommended (so far) is SUPER and it's "only" $30 bucks!
I don't think of the dollars, Al, I think of the opportunity cost in beer I won't be able to buy. That puts things in better perspective. :cheers:
Goshute

DenGar
3StarLounger

Post by DenGar »

Bigaldoc wrote:
DenGar wrote:I've had good results with Mike Lin's Clipomatic ...
Unless I've totally misunderstood this one, it DOESN'T copy graphic clips to its cache and that's a show stopper for me. But please correct me if I'm wrong.
I used to be perfect but then I made a mistake--this one. :hairout:

When I do a copy/paste on an image, I have pasted it right away. The image does not go into the cache. But it's still a good clipboard program.

Sorry. :threadhead: