Perfect Macro Recorder

steveh
SilverLounger

Perfect Macro Recorder

Post by steveh »

Morning all

On the Giveaway of the day site today they have some software called http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/perfect-macro-recorder/. My computing needs are not to great but I wondered what, if any, advantage this would give an average user during the working day. I have put the manufacturers description below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Perfect Macro Recorder

Post by Bigaldoc »

steveh wrote:On the Giveaway of the day site today they have some software called ...
If you have repetitive tasks that involve mouse clicks and/or the running of programs, one like this can be very helpful. I used to have one that went out of existence when XP was born and the authors decided not to update it. For the life of me I can't remember its name.

On that same page you linked to is another program specifically for what most users could find useful: the repetitive typing of TEXT, such as username, name and address, email address, etc. When my aforementioned program died, I realized that the typing of text is mostly what I need, so I went on a web hunt and found this freebie:

UtilFr – Clavier+ 10.6.1 (French for "keyboard")

Clavier not only stores text but will execute programs and a few other things, is easy to use AND free. I have a long list of text phrases that I type often such as "bigaldoc," and "Thomson-Hood Veterans Center" and many others which I won't go into for privacy and security reasons. AND, for just that reason, I think one should be careful about software like this on any computer that is not a single use machine.

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

Hi Al

Cheers for the advise and the shared PC warning, I will takle a look at Clavier now because I thin you are right, it is the repative text typing that takes the time
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

steveh wrote:... I will takle a look at Clavier now ...
Post back here if you need any help with it, BUT his help pages online are pretty good.

One example: I was trying to make a Clavier hotkey for Hans' newly created "tab" in the BBcodes so I could put in two or three tabs quickly. (In truth, I created this way back in the "other" IPB place and then the tab code was removed.)

Anyway, in order to get Clavier to type: [tab][/tab], I learned from the Clavier help pages that a backslash was needed every time you want a bracket, brace or vertical bar which Clavier normally uses in its code. So, I got:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.