AdAware 9.0.0.0

Gloria E
5StarLounger

AdAware 9.0.0.0

Post by Gloria E »

I just viewed AdAware and it look like it does more than I need, like removing Spyware & Viruses. One virus removal program can not be run with another, real time or not. Restores correct Files & Registries.
I run Super AntiSpyware Pro and Webroot Internet Security Essentials.

I would like someone's honest opinion about using AdAware.

Gloria E
Last edited by HansV on 08 Dec 2010, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to change Adware to AdAware
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: AdAware 9.0.0.0

Post by HansV »

Years ago, I used Ad-Aware, but as it became slower and clunkier, I dropped it several years ago.

You are correct that it's not a good idea to run two anti-virus applications at the same time. Since you already have Webroot, I'd skip Ad-Aware.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Years ago, I used Ad-Aware, but as it became slower and clunkier, I dropped it several years ago.

You are correct that it's not a good idea to run two anti-virus applications at the same time. Since you already have Webroot, I'd skip Ad-Aware.
I've made a mistake in the name of the program I named, the programs name is Adware Pro. What do you know about that one?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Adware Pro is a fake security program, remove it immediately.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Adware Pro is a fake security program, remove it immediately.
I did something right this time, I asked about it before I downloaded. It's nowhere to be found on my system.
Thanks for the information. To be forwarned is to be forearmed. :thankyou:

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

HansV wrote:Adware Pro is a fake security program, remove it immediately.
At least in the USA, Lavasoft does market a pro version of Adaware. See Adaware Pro.

Joe
Joe

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

JoeP wrote:At least in the USA, Lavasoft does market a pro version of Adaware. See Adaware Pro
I know. The original subject of this thread was "AdWare 9.0.0.0", and I automatically assumed that Gloria meant AdAware. 9.0.0.0 *is* the current version, so I edited her post to change AdWare to AdAware.
But there is also a program called AdWare Pro. It's one of those fake security programs that keep on telling you that your PC is infected and that you need to upgrade to a more expensive version to clean it up - do a Google search.
Since Gloria specifically mentioned AdWare Pro in her latest reply, I took her at face value.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Just re-read her reply. Sorry for the mis-read on my part. She clearly does say AdWare Pro and not Adaware Pro.

Joe
Joe