Nitro Pro replacement

rgrosz78
Lounger

Nitro Pro replacement

Post by rgrosz78 »

Several years ago, I moved to Nitro Pro because Adobe Acrobat Pro required an annual license fee. Now it seems that Nitro has stopped selling the software - they only license it. For me to upgrade, it costs $15 per month per year, or $180 per year.

I looked at FoxIt PDF Editor, but it also has an annual license. It costs $11 per month per year, or $130 per year. I have installed FoxIt Reader (free), but there is one feature missing that I want. It does not include a "PDF printer" that I can use from my web browser.

I would love to know if there is any PDF software similar to FoxIt Reader that includes a PDF printer. I'm not opposed to buying the software - but I don't want to have an annual license.
Rick Groszkiewicz
Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Re: Nitro Pro replacement

Post by Rebel »

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for, but what about Windows native "Microsoft Print to PDF"?
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Microsoft Print to PDF has the advantage that it's built into Windows, so it's :free: but its output is less optimized than that of Foxit or Adobe: larger file size, lower quality. But it's sufficient for day-to-day purposes.

PDF24 is free.
PDFForge PDFCreator has a free version, but it contains ads.
Best wishes,
Hans

rgrosz78
Lounger

Post by rgrosz78 »

I purchased Nitro PDF to use at work. I decided against Microsoft Print to PDF because it was not good enough quality.

Hans, I will check out those PDF alternatives.
Rick Groszkiewicz

rgrosz78
Lounger

Post by rgrosz78 »

I uninstalled FoxIt Reader, and installed PDF24 over the weekend.

It seems to have more features than I need, and I like it so far. I did not look into the PDFForge program.
Rick Groszkiewicz