Adobe Acrobat E-Signature

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Adobe Acrobat E-Signature

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear Community,

I am using adobe acrobat pro and have created digital ID. If i send any PDF file after signing, other users could not able to verify it. It is showing as Validity unknow. Revocation could not be checked. How to create properly digital signature in a way to verify automatically in all systems. Kindly help me.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Adobe Acrobat E-Signature

Post by StuartR »

If you want an e-signature that can be verified by other people then you need to get a digital certificate from a trusted issuer, but these aren't cheap. For example I buy my certificates from SSL.com who sell a document signing certificate for $215 a year.
StuartR

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Thank you for your kind reply. I thought Adobe allows users to create certificate by AATL. Is it different sir?

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

AATL is a process which allows organizations that have their own certificate issuing infrastructure to become trusted by Adobe products. It would be extremely expensive to set up the infrastructure needed to join this program, and then provide all the required evidence to Adobe.

You could buy a document signing certificate from one of these AATL certified organizations.
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

When I was working, I, and another member of the team, signed PDF files using an AATL certificate. It was held on a USB token. If I remember correctly it cost about £300 and was valid for three years. However, we also had the additional cost of subscriptions to Adobe Acrobat Professional, to allow us to create and sign PDF files of the reports our team generated in one seamless process.

Ken

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Now i understood sir. Thank you very much for your time and kind reply.