Adobe Acrobat Error Message

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Adobe Acrobat Error Message

Post by hlewton »

On one of my machines, I continually get a dialog box that says, "Adobe Acrobat Unsuspectingly Stopped working," or words to that meaning. The box offered 2 options, to get more information or to skip, the skip option closed the dialog box. I tried using Adobe Acrobat after closing that dialog box and it worked fine. I then rebooted and chose the more information option. Basically the solution it offered worked only on that incident of the rebooting of the computer, once it was rebooted, the dialog box returned. The other solution it offered was to uninstall and remove Adobe Acrobat. So before I did that I searched for where to best reinstall it and came up empty as far as finding a FREE version of Adobe Acrobat. I found a free 14 day trial but no free Adobe Acrobat. Does anyone know if the FREE version of Adobe Acrobat no longer exists. Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Adobe Acrobat Error Message

Post by HansV »

See Download Adobe Acrobat Reader

There are several alternatives. I've used both Foxit PDF Reader and Sumatra PDF Reader, and a friend of mine is enthousiastic about PDF24. All these are free, and there are more.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Adobe Acrobat Error Message

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
02 Dec 2023, 14:12
See Download Adobe Acrobat Reader

There are several alternatives. I've used both Foxit PDF Reader and Sumatra PDF Reader, and a friend of mine is enthousiastic about PDF24. All these are free, and there are more.
Thank you Hans for the link and the information.
Regards,
hlewton