Can't add clickable link in YouTube playlist description

Jeff H
4StarLounger

Can't add clickable link in YouTube playlist description

Post by Jeff H »

I'm just taking a chance maybe somebody here can answer this. My web searches turned up few videos that show that using a full url in a YouTube playlist description results in a clickable link. But that isn't working for me.

In this case, I want to link to an index for the playlist on Google drive. I thought the problem might be the fact it's a document, but I tested with a link to a video and still no results.

The link works fine in the individual video descriptions within the playlist, but not the playlist's description. I'd rather have it in one place in case I have to change the location of the index, so I wouldn't have to change it in all 124 videos.

Thanks,
- Jeff

Mico
NewLounger

Re: Can't add clickable link in YouTube playlist description

Post by Mico »

Jeff H wrote:
07 Sep 2023, 19:27
I'm just taking a chance maybe somebody here can answer this. My web searches turned up few videos that show that using a full url in a YouTube playlist description results in a clickable link. But that isn't working for me.

In this case, I want to link to an index for the playlist on Google drive. I thought the problem might be the fact it's a document, but I tested with a link to a video and still no results.

The link works fine in the individual video descriptions within the playlist, but not the playlist's description. I'd rather have it in one place in case I have to change the location of the index, so I wouldn't have to change it in all 124 videos.

Thanks,
- Jeff
It's unfortunate that YouTube playlists don't support clickable links in descriptions, but these workarounds can help provide viewers with easy access to the index without having to update multiple descriptions if the link ever changes.

Jeff H
4StarLounger

Re: Can't add clickable link in YouTube playlist description

Post by Jeff H »

Mico wrote:
07 May 2024, 11:28
these workarounds can help
What work arounds?