Smart Switch Parts

BillW
3StarLounger

Smart Switch Parts

Post by BillW »

I have two smart switches (smart plugs) that I've bought by mistake over the last few years that I would like to put to use but I don't know what they are compatible with or how to control them. I also have a Echo Show smart video display that I use regularly that contains Alexa. I got the Echo Show first and then tried to buy smart switches that were compatible with it but they turned out to not be compatible, or I haven't figure out how to control them!

One smart switch is labeled tp-link MAC:0C-80-63-52-F3-13, Model:HS105, IC:8853A-HS105. It is a 1.5 inch square bar that is about 2.5 inches long with the 3-prong place for a light to be plugged into it in the middle of one of the long sides and its own three-prong plug on the opposite side. It has a power button on one end. The other one has no labels on it at all, is square faced (when looking at the 3-prong place to plug a light into it), and has a typical looking little power button on one of the 1.2 inch square sides.

Any info on how to use these would be greatly appreciated.
Bill W

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Smart Switch Parts

Post by StuartR »

Does this page give you the information you need on the HS105?
The data sheet says that it is compatible with Alexa.
StuartR

BillW
3StarLounger

Post by BillW »

I haven't read all the details yet but it looks like you have provided the answers I was looking for.
Thanks for the help.
Bill

BillW
3StarLounger

Post by BillW »

While pursuing this subject I have managed to get myself locked out of a forum where Smart Switches are being discussed. I was trying to create an account and made a mistake -- maybe I forgot the password that I used or didn't use what I thought I did. In any case, how can I re-establish an account there? It won't let do some things without being logged in and it won't let me log in because I don't give it the correct password and I can't create a new account because it says my email address already has an account!

Any ideas on how to get out of this trap will be appreciated.

Bill

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Do you have an alternative email address you can use? If not, you could create one (for example a Gmail or an Outlook.com address). Use that to register a new user.
Or perhaps there is a way to contact the management of the forum even if you're not registered.
Best wishes,
Hans

BillW
3StarLounger

Post by BillW »

Yes I used to have a couple of Gmail user names that I could use for that kind of thing but I lost track of them after my PC crashed a couple of years ago. Now, I have forgotten how to create them too! Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks,
BillW

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Go to https://mail.google.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you're already logged in, click on your user picture in the upper right corner and click Sign Out.
You should now see a button 'Create an account'.
Best wishes,
Hans