Free CD Ripping Software

BobH
UraniumLounger

Free CD Ripping Software

Post by BobH »

I'm still struggling with ripping a lot of CDs to MP3 format. I am yet to find a program that will do so simply, easily and relatively quickly. I've tried close to a dozen found searching online. I searched our "Best of . . . " recommendations and didn't find any ripping software.

I didn't find Windows Medial Player in my list of programs and had to go to extra measures to get it on this laptop. Now I cannot get it to give me the option to rip a CD. I have not idea why it doesn't, probably something I did wrong when I installed it.

Suggestions anyone?
:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Re: Free CD Ripping Software

Post by jonwallace »

After trying a few several years ago, I settled on freac (https://www.freac.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) I've never had a problem with it, and it's free.
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Free CD Ripping Software

Post by BobH »

Thanks, John!!

I got it and installed it. It had me confused for a minute or 3 because I couldn't find any mention of 'rip' or 'ripping'. Turns out they use the term 'encoding'.

It is working quite well if a little slowly.
:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs