Update: CCleaner 5.63 released

HansV
Administrator

Update: CCleaner 5.63 released

Post by HansV »

See https://www.ccleaner.com/news/release-a ... r-v5637540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  • This release contains an important security update and some minor bug fixes and UI updates
Various builds are available from https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Best wishes,
Hans

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Re: Update: CCleaner 5.63 released

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear sir,

Most of the websites are recommending to not using the any kind of PC cleaners. Because most of the cleaners are reducing the speed of the computer instead of increasing the speed. because its taking most processor memory. Is this correct sir. Can we use PC cleaners? Is it really necessary? Please tell me.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

There are several types of cleaners:
  1. For temporary files left behind by applications. In my experience, it helps to remove these from time to time. Windows itself can do this automatically for many Windows programs and features. CCleaner also removes 'garbage' from third-party applications that Disk Cleanup misses, so in my opinion it's useful.
  2. For unused registry entries. This is not necessary - registry entries hardly take up space, and if you 'clean' the registry too rigorously, you might cause applications (or even Windows) to malfunction. CCleaner's registry cleaner removes very few registry entries, so while it doesn't really help, it doesn't do any harm either.
You have to use CCleaner wisely, though - before using it, look through its option to decide what to 'clean' and what to leave. If you're not sure about something, don't 'clean' it.
Best wishes,
Hans

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Thank you sir. Everything has its own advantage and disadvantage. :thankyou: