Autoplay or Autorun

E_OGRADY
2StarLounger

Autoplay or Autorun

Post by E_OGRADY »

I would like software to create autoplay menus but one that from the initial splash screen with buttons that refer to another splash with further options

HansV
Administrator

Re: Autoplay or Autorun

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

The really free programs that I found all seem rather basic, e.g. AutoRun or Compact AutoRunner.
Best wishes,
Hans

Pilgrim
2StarLounger

Post by Pilgrim »

I'm not sure what it is you are wanting to do, but perhaps Karen's Autorun Editor is something that would fit the bill. BTW, it works fine in Vista despite its age and I'm going to assume it would work equally well in Windows 7. I find this very adequate for my needs... maybe yours too?
Jeff

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

E_OGRADY
2StarLounger

Post by E_OGRADY »

Thanks Hans, I do not necessarily want a freeware, I have Ashampoo "My Autoplay" which is great, I have researched Arafasoft "My Autoplay" and am awaiting a reply from that group.
What I am after is for the initial splash screen to direct the user to another or other splash screen that also contain selectable options.
Unfortunately I know it can be done, I have a CD on my desk that has exactly what I want. The author (my brother) of that CD is even older that me, and cannot remember what program he used.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You might also take a look at the various programs from Autorun CD Software Central - Pollen Software.
Best wishes,
Hans

E_OGRADY
2StarLounger

Post by E_OGRADY »

Thanks Hans again, I have had a look at that site. Their products will certainly do what I want (by their description).
A thought, if I create an autorun menu for a set of tasks do you think I could access that autorun via a button in a further autorun? In other words create as many sub munus as required and access these via button on the front splash.

E_OGRADY
2StarLounger

Post by E_OGRADY »

Pilgrim wrote:I'm not sure what it is you are wanting to do, but perhaps Karen's Autorun Editor is something that would fit the bill. BTW, it works fine in Vista despite its age and I'm going to assume it would work equally well in Windows 7. I find this very adequate for my needs... maybe yours too?
Started with Karen's program, have purchased all of hers on disk, Not suitable for my task.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

E_OGRADY wrote:A thought, if I create an autorun menu for a set of tasks do you think I could access that autorun via a button in a further autorun? In other words create as many sub munus as required and access these via button on the front splash.
As far as I can tell, the AutoRun Maestro and FastMenu programs from the site I referred to have the ability to create submenus, i.e. click a button to start another menu.
Best wishes,
Hans

E_OGRADY
2StarLounger

Post by E_OGRADY »

That is my opinion also, my thoughts were, maybe I could do it it the program I already have.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The description for Ashampoo's MyAutoPlay says
You can create multi-page menus with buttons for executing functions and navigating between the menu pages, with animated transitions between the pages. Button functions include starting programs, opening documents, opening web pages, creating emails and a wide range of options for navigating between your menu screens.
So yes, you should be able to do it with this program.
Best wishes,
Hans

E_OGRADY
2StarLounger

Post by E_OGRADY »

I report back here very humble, the Ashampoo program I have is capable (in fact exceeds) what I wanted to do.
From the first menu screen you can access any number of pages below, not only that you can access a page below any previous page.
Page 1 can access say! pages 2, 3, and 5
But also page 3 can access page 4
Thanks to all, in particular Hans.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Glad you are able to accomplish what you want with the software you already have!
Best wishes,
Hans