Adobe Flash Player Updates

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Adobe Flash Player Updates

Post by hlewton »

Just updated Adobe Flash Player today and am pretty sure I didn't untick the option to allow me to decide if I want to install any future updates. I wouldn't be concerned but if it installs automatically I don't want McAfee installed so how can I change that option back to "allow me to decide?" I believe it is a plugin but I can't find a way to start it. Would I have to uninstall it? If so then how would I go about reinstalling it or would it want to install itself when I visited a site that relied on it?

Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Adobe Flash Plater Updates

Post by HansV »

Adobe has a web page for this, but it's probably easiest to uninstall, then reinstall Flash Player.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Adobe Flash Plater Updates

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:Adobe has a web page for this, but it's probably easiest to uninstall, then reinstall Flash Player.
Thanks I will do that since I have been all over their WEB pages and didn't find anything I could use.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Adobe Flash Player Updates

Post by hlewton »

Actually that was pretty easy but Adobe's site did give me a link to where to download the program so it took no longer than two minutes and did allow me to make that change.

Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

My experience is that 'point' increments to Flash Player install automatically, i.e. they merely update the code base already on my system and these updates do not add McAfee/junkware to my system. More significant updates require me to download an installer and when I run that I always have to be careful to untick the relevant McAfee/junkware offer that would otherwise land on my PC.

Ken

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

stuck wrote:My experience is that 'point' increments to Flash Player install automatically, i.e. they merely update the code base already on my system and these updates do not add McAfee/junkware to my system. More significant updates require me to download an installer and when I run that I always have to be careful to untick the relevant McAfee/junkware offer that would otherwise land on my PC.

Ken
I honestly don't know about that. The only time I see the updates, and it seems quite often, I always have to untick the McAfee download. I sure don't want that on my machine. I did untick that today but forgot to check the option to allow me to update the software. Not sure what that means after reading this but I didn't want to take any chances.

Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I always use the direct download links in this post. Those install files come without unwanted extras.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:I always use the direct download links in this post. Those install files come without unwanted extras.
Thanks Hans and I will try to remember this in the future when Adobe Flash Player wants to again update.
Regards,
hlewton

Jim Cone
StarLounger

Post by Jim Cone »

For those who care...
The flash player settings manager (live) is found here:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... er04a.html
You may not agree with the default settings. I made some changes.
Checking back there occasionally might be prudent.

'---
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
free & commercial excel programs
https://goo.gl/IUQUN2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Dropbox)
Last edited by Jim Cone on 14 Oct 2016, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Thanks for posting this, Jim. I had forgotten all about it.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.