What the world needs now ...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

What the world needs now ...

Post by ChrisGreaves »

What the world needs now is a “License Agreement” ap that maintains a database of License Agreements and when a new License Agreement pops up “End User License Agreement for ... BEFORE YOU USE THE SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTED WITH THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, ...” the ap makes an intelligent comparison of the text in the window with the texts is the db.

If the new License Agreement text agrees with previously accepted versions, the ap signals “I accept” automatically and installation proceeds; otherwise the distinguishing sections are highlighted in a pop-up of the ap’s devising for individual agreement.

The paid version could include recognition of language (“English”), location (“C:\Program Files (x86)\”), disk space (92.7MB is “significantly less than 1% of current available space”), and other general-purpose options.

The paid version could include the option for an automatic Restore Point to be created identified with the packages name.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: What the world needs now ...

Post by viking33 »

ChrisGreaves wrote:What the world needs now is a “License Agreement” ap that maintains a database of License Agreements and when a new License Agreement pops up “End User License Agreement for ... BEFORE YOU USE THE SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTED WITH THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, ...” the ap makes an intelligent comparison of the text in the window with the texts is the db.

If the new License Agreement text agrees with previously accepted versions, the ap signals “I accept” automatically and installation proceeds; otherwise the distinguishing sections are highlighted in a pop-up of the ap’s devising for individual agreement.

The paid version could include recognition of language (“English”), location (“C:\Program Files (x86)\”), disk space (92.7MB is “significantly less than 1% of current available space”), and other general-purpose options.

The paid version could include the option for an automatic Restore Point to be created identified with the packages name.
Why don't you work on that need, Chris?
I wonder how many people actually do READ the thing at all? Just hit "accept" and think "go away!"
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I have heard the view expressed that most Licence Agreements are probably unenforceable, because of their length and complexity. Over here they might be considered as an Unfair Contract Term.
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

Interesting research into what people will agree too...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09/30 ... fi_survey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jay Freedman »

jonwallace wrote:Interesting research into what people will agree too...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09/30 ... fi_survey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I would give up my first-born child for free wifi, but she's gotten uppity since she turned 40 a couple of years ago, and she wouldn't agree.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

viking33 wrote:... Why don't you work on that need, Chris? I wonder how many people actually do READ the thing at all? Just hit "accept" and think "go away!"
I need new glasses.
I read this at first as a suggestion to someone else as in "Why don't you work on that nerd, Chris?" :laugh: :rofl: :grin: :hairout:
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle