safe free web cam and software via YouTube

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

safe free web cam and software via YouTube

Post by Diana van den Berg »

I have seen that one can get the use of a free web cam and software via YouTube.

Can you recommend one that is a safe (or at least relatively safe) option to choose?

Thank you in anticipation.

Claude
cheese lizard

Re: safe free web cam and software via YouTube

Post by Claude »

Can you provide a link Diana ? (There are thousands of free webcams out there, what is it that you're really after ?)
Cheers, Claude.

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Thank you for your response, Claude.

I want it for recording things on YouTube - (probably no music at all) poetry readings, teaching people e.g. languages - nothing fancy at all.

I wouldn't have the faintest what link to provide. I was just told that there are some and I don't have any preference. I just want any free webcam and software that will do the above and be reasonably safe in as far as one can be safe - the simpler the better.

Thank you in further anticipation.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Since you are talking about a web cam, I assume you want to record 'your' actions and upload to Youtube? Or is it that you want to download videos from Youtube?
If it is recording your actions, why not use the video recorder on your cell phone?
If it is downloading video recordings on Youtube, you can get it via VDownloader (the audio only or audio and video).
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Please read my previous reply, Rudi. I don't know how to put it any more clearly than that.

Also my cell phone doesn't have a video recorder or an anything except an ability to make and receive phone calls and SMS's.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Hello Diana,

I don't think you'll find a free stand-alone webcam. Many laptops come with a built-in webcam nowadays, as do some monitors. But desktop PCs don't have a webcam.
So if you don't have a webcam yet, you'll have to buy one.

If you have a webcam and a YouTube account (i.e. a Google account), you can upload from the webcam directly to YouTube without needing extra software - see Use webcam to record video.
Best wishes,
Hans

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

Hi Hans

Somebody told me that he saw a free webcam and software on YouTube.

I went to where he said and found it. I could give you the link, but there wouldn't be a point because if you don't know it, you wouldn't be able to recommend it as a safe one which was what I was wanting.

However, thank you for answering anyway.

Kind regards
Diana

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Hi Diana,

Do you have a webcam on your PC?
I think you are a bit mislead with what this person said. Its not that you get a free webcam and software... Youtube offers free webcam software (no 'and') that can probably use your existing webcam to record video directly to their site. The software will be useless without you having an existing webcam.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Diana van den Berg
4StarLounger

No, I don't have a webcam on my PC.

The thing on YouTube said exactly "free webcam and software", so I presumed it meant that. But please don't worry about it any more.