Apache open Office Release 4.1.1

IMNetUser
3StarLounger

Apache open Office Release 4.1.1

Post by IMNetUser »

For those who use :free: Open Office - Release 4.1.1 has been released.

Download is about 134 MB.

You have the option to download language packs from same site.

AOO 4.1.1 Release Notes <- Click here, to numerous to list.
Scott

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Apache open Office Release 4.1.1

Post by Rudi »

TX Scott...

And just as a reminder... :evilgrin:
Do we have a winner? Does it really matter?

-- OpenOffice vs. LibreOffice: What’s the Difference and Which Should You Use?
-- Review: Apache OpenOffice 4 vs. LibreOffice 4.1
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

IMNetUser
3StarLounger

Post by IMNetUser »

I can not comment at this time. I have used OpenOffice but not LibreOffice.

At some point I plan to download LibreOffice - I am interested based on what I have already heard.
Scott

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

IMNetUser wrote:I can not comment at this time. I have used OpenOffice but not LibreOffice.
At some point I plan to download LibreOffice - I am interested based on what I have already heard.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't intent that you comment on the two apps.
I have used them both and they are quite similar with differences coming down to personal choice and specific functionality that individuals might need/prefer. Hence my evil grin...its often difficult to choose between the two since they are both free and both very good apps. The best way to choose is to flip a coin and let fate decide for you.
Regards,
Rudi

IMNetUser
3StarLounger

Post by IMNetUser »

:rofl: I should have left eh first sentence out.

I have heard of LibreOffice and read some discussions in Eileen's. I just never got around to trying it yet - I still plan on it.

If the :evilgrin: produces :blush: and reminders to try something one was going to do soemtime ago ....

No Problem; :grin:
Scott

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

I've used both OO and LO. It is hard to discern the differences though. I'm using LO right now and the one big difference is that LO is rather slow to open the app at start up. ( or so it seems to me? ) I don't use all of the functions included in the entire program and I wish there were a way to install only the apps that I do use and omit the others. ( IS there a way? )

So... IS there a worthwhile reason to go with one or the other? Reading the articles seem to indicate a crap shoot tie.
Right now I'm D\L AOO and will give it a shot. Would really like to hear from our Lounge Pros, to hear any first hand details.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

viking33 wrote:I've used both OO and LO. It is hard to discern the differences though. I'm using LO right now and the one big difference is that LO is rather slow to open the app at start up. ( or so it seems to me? ) I don't use all of the functions included in the entire program and I wish there were a way to install only the apps that I do use and omit the others. ( IS there a way? )

So... IS there a worthwhile reason to go with one or the other? Reading the articles seem to indicate a crap shoot tie.
Right now I'm D\L AOO and will give it a shot. Would really like to hear from our Lounge Pros, to hear any first hand details.
Strike that part about installing individual apps. I remembered that you could do so, when I saw the install menu of AOO.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

viking33 wrote:...I don't use all of the functions included in the entire program and I wish there were a way to install only the apps that I do use and omit the others. ( IS there a way? )...
Absolutely you can...
You need to download the entire installer, but you can choose to install only certain applications. To do this, choose the Install Type "Custom" on the third page of the installer, click "Next" and then select the applications you want.
I just read: On the Mac, you cannot choose individual apps...its all or nothing. Individual apps is possible in Windows and Linux.
Regards,
Rudi