Transfering pics from camera

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: Transfering pics from camera

Post by viking33 »

Dave Davison wrote:Hi Bob................Wednesday is "D" day. Yep! I've encountered W7 on our church laptop and note many similar features of XP but there are one or two that I've used a lot in the latter which I think are missing so I suspect patience is the answer. Cheers dave.
I felt the same as BobH did about Win XP, when Win 7 came out but I arranged to have the system dual boot so I could go back and forth until I got used to using Win 7. I still have XP dual booting with 7 but rarely go into the XP O\S at all. At one point, I was triple booting with XP, 7 and Vista but after a while, gladly gave Vista the boot. ( pun intended )
So go ahead and make the big jump to 7. You'll learn to love it and of course, we are here in the Lounge to give you aid and assistance if necessary. :cheers:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Dave Davison wrote:...features of XP ...I think are missing...
They won't be missing, as in no longer existing but you might have to think laterally in order to find them.

Remember though, if thinking laterally is too hard, just ask here!

Ken

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

there's no doubt about that, I certainly will be back pronto if features I have been used to are not lying on the surface where they can be easy accessed. Cheers Dave.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

You also need to remember that some of the missing XP features may not even be in XP but from a ADD IN that you installed years ago.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

very much doubt that as I have only added freebies like "Freemakdownloader" "iWisoft" which add nothing to the OS or interface. Besides, it is only a few months ago -as a result of a malfunction - that I decided to have the HD wiped and XP reinstalled so it is running on the bear essentials. Bad move as it turns out, should have resorted to W7 then BUT I was / still am so hooked on XP that I could have withdrawal symptoms. Reckon times of frustration could well lie round the corner as I look for tabs that are not there and keyboard shortcuts that will all have to be assigned AGAIN. Cheers Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I have moved a series of posts about Windows 7 from this thread to a new one: Running a 16-bit program in Windows 7 (thanks to stuck for the suggestion).
Best wishes,
Hans