Skype calls unclear

jmt356
SilverLounger

Skype calls unclear

Post by jmt356 »

Are there any Skype users on this forum? If so, has anyone noticed that Skype calls have been very unclear / slow for about the past two weeks? I thought that the problem was with my Internet, but it seems Google Hangout is clearer (or at least it was yesterday) so I wonder if the issue is with Skype.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Skype calls unclear

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Is the PC you are using the same one that's been giving you problems when viewing Amazon pages? If so this loss of quality is another pointer to a flakey Internet connection on that PC.

Ken

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Hans: Thank you for the links. I did look at those pages but unfortunately, they were not of much help.

Ken: This is the same computer that was experiencing the issues with Amazon pages. However, the Amazon problem has stopped on this computer and the issues I am experiencing on Skype continue on another computer that is on his network as well as on this computer, even when I am on another network. And when I am on this network, calling via Google Hangout works fine. I therefore believe the issue is with Skype rather than with my network. However, I wanted to post herein before reaching any conclusions to see if others have also had issues with Skype these past few weeks.
Regards,

JMT

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

jmt356 wrote:... And when I am on this network, calling via Google Hangout works fine. I therefore believe the issue is with Skype rather than with my network...
The fact that Hangout works fine suggest that there is indeed a problem with Skype, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it ?
Cheers, Claude.

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I am not sure if an uninstall / reinstall is necessary because I upgraded to a newer version, but still encounter issues.
Regards,

JMT

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

jmt356 wrote:I am not sure if an uninstall / reinstall is necessary because I upgraded to a newer version, but still encounter issues.
An upgrade doesn't always overwrite all files of an earlier version, so perhaps an uninstall/reinstall would still be in order.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.