WMP

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

WMP

Post by Dave Davison »

.....I know XP is dead and gone but before I bury it (for the moment) I would like to copy a DVD using WMP but am confused by what appears when I click :- Start / Programs / WMP. [I usually use Ashampoo but two different discs (which I burned myself) refuse to copy so I thought I would try WMP to see if the same fault occurs. I did a search for help and the link I selected showed the top half of my attachment whereas when I try to open WMP I get the bottom view so there is no options to, rip or copy? Why the difference please and can it be changed so I get what the online answer gives? Thanks Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: WMP

Post by HansV »

Are there tabs just to the right of the right edge of the screenshot?
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

......afraid not Hans (see below) Can't understand why the upper option in my screen shot does not appear instead of the lower one as I have in fact ripped files from CD's a few times in the past using WMP. many thanks Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Your last screenshot still shows there is some scroll room left, on the lower right side?
Capture.JPG
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Bob, I don't think that makes a difference.

Dave, what happens if you click the little button that is just visible at the left hand side:
WMP.jpg
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Another alternative is to try the extreme top left up/down arrows to maybe access the buttons for play/burn/rip...
1.jpg
If that does not work, see if anything activates by using some of these WMP hotkeys:
Switch to Player Library: Ctrl+1
Switch to skin mode: Ctrl+2
Switch to Now Playing mode: Ctrl+3
Add to burn list: Ctrl+8
n the Player Library, show or hide the menu bar: Ctrl+M
Switch the view of items in the details pane: F4
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

As ever, thanks guys for your replies. The left side screen-shot below shows what appears when I click the tabs mentioned whilst the right one shows what appears when I select "Tool" then "Options". Don't have time to explore the options revealed right now but will do so later tonight and report back with the results. :thankyou: Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You probably want the options "Copy from CD" and/or "Copy to CD or Device" in the left hand pane.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

......feed back.....[solved] the hidden options were just what I was looking for, how they came to be obscured I don't know perhaps it was when I upgraded my computer & what I was seeing was the default setting. One advantage of WMP over other ripping progs I have used is that if a track is faulty / corrupted in some way the ripping process of the said track stops so can be deleted enabling the ripping process of the good tracks to complete. Just another benefit of having more than one prog installed that has the same function. Same goes for the screen capture freebie [PicPick] which I learned about on this lounge which has added features to that of FastStone Capture which I had used for years. :cheers: Dave