Seen this before?

geecee
3StarLounger
Location: Australia - SOUTH MORANG - A northern suburb of the city of MELBOURNE in the state of Victoria

Seen this before?

Post by geecee »

After 'cleaning up' my computer, I made the following observation. Three different programmes, MS Control Panel - Programs and Features, IObit Uninstaller and Wise Program Uninstaller, each produced a different number of programmes still installed. The MS Control Panel - Programs and Features (whilst not actually showing the number) indicated a count of 51. IObit Uninstaller shows 52 and Wise Program Uninstaller shows 53. Anyone come across this before?
Screenpresso_03.jpg
Screenpresso_02.jpg
Screenpresso_01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
George

When we're gaun up the hill o’ fortune, may we ne'er meet a frien' comin' doun!
(When we are going up the hill of fortune, may we never meet a friend coming down!)

:smile: Don't cry because it's over...Smile because it happened.l :smile:

:note: At the end of the day it's midnight. :note:

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Seen this before?

Post by Rudi »

I doubt this is an error, but rather an environmental issue or just a variation of what each uninstaller registers as a program. One scenario might be that one is set with more sensitivity to pick up drivers that can be uninstalled. Another scenario might be that one runs with a deeper scan than the others or is running with administrative permissions. In other words, it could be a number of different scenarios. I don't think you will ever get all of them to show the same number in their lists.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

geecee
3StarLounger
Location: Australia - SOUTH MORANG - A northern suburb of the city of MELBOURNE in the state of Victoria

Re: Seen this before?

Post by geecee »

Thanks for your reply Rudi.

No problem. Just self-interest :thankyou:
George

When we're gaun up the hill o’ fortune, may we ne'er meet a frien' comin' doun!
(When we are going up the hill of fortune, may we never meet a friend coming down!)

:smile: Don't cry because it's over...Smile because it happened.l :smile:

:note: At the end of the day it's midnight. :note: