IDT PC Audio

RonH
SilverLounger

IDT PC Audio

Post by RonH »

I recently installed the K-Lite codec package including the 64bit version as recommended.
I am now noticing occasional high processor (i7) usage by:
stacsv64.exe and audiodg.exe ... the IDT PC Audio and Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation.

Is this related to these recently installed codecs and is there a known solution please?
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: IDT PC Audio

Post by stuck »

You're way off the edge of my map there but Googling high processor usage by: stacsv64.exe and audiodg.exe
turns up several hits that mention it's an HP thing and you've got a HP.

Do any of those hits help?

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: IDT PC Audio

Post by RonH »

Thanks Ken.
I did some Googling before I posted ... meaning I did not understand what I was trying to look at and thought "Bet the smart folk in Eileen know all about this". So I was taking the easy road :grin: I should have said I'd Googled ... sorry.

Yes I use HP pc's but this specific processor usage is a very recent occurrence (I think) following installing the K-Lite all bells and whistles versions which makes my Lightworks Video Editing more stable ... I'm just trying Lightworks out, presently my prime editing programme is Cyberlink Power Director 11. But Lightworks does seem much less resource hungry and very fast.

I will keep an eye (or two) on these .exe to see if it is regular. Maybe other experts in our forum also have ideas :scratch: but if not then I can raise it with HP Support.
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.