Black out button on remote

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Black out button on remote

Post by Dave Davison »

Hi..........just purchased a Kensington Wireless presenter with Laser Pointer (see attachment). As the directions state, they have incorporated a clever "Black-out" button to hide the slide from the screen temporarily. I presume that this should also blank out the slide from the laptop screen -is that correct or does it only effect the projector image? Please enlighten me on this small issue. :scratch: Dave. :thankyou:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Black out button on remote

Post by HansV »

I have no hands-on experience with this model, but I presume it depends on the setup. If the projector and the laptop display the same screen, the laptop screen will probably be blacked out too, but if the laptop displays different information than the projector, for example your presentation notes, I'd expect the laptop screen to remain usable.

The text "letting you hide your slides whilst you manage them" appears to support that.

But why don't you try it? :smile:
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I can confirm that if you run PowerPoint in presentation mode and blank the screen (Shortcut is to type B on the keyboard) then only the projector is blanked.
StuartR

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Dave,
When in doubt, try it out.
I think it only blanks the screen.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks guys, I will take a sample Powerpoint on my memory stick and see how it performs when projected to the external screen. I suspect the "Presentation Mode" point & "Shortcut B" could well answer my query so will report back with my findings. Cheers Dave.