what kind of disc is a DVD_9

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

what kind of disc is a DVD_9

Post by Dave Davison »

MANY THANKS guys, I don't seem to have any trouble with the mouse / keyboard etc. so l'll give it a miss as I expected might be the advice. Maybe you will permit me to tag another question on here -though it is another issue- [if posting it separate is more expedient I will edit it out and repost it?]. When I attempted to convert four flv files using ConvertXtoDVD with a view to burning them to the same DVD I got the attached message which was no surprise as I knew I was near the limit of 4.7 GB but it seems there is some DVD that will record better quality but what kind of disc is a DVD_9? Cheers Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: what kind of disc is a DVD_9

Post by StuartR »

Dave,

I separated this reply from the end of the topic Ancient drivers??? so that it would appear as a separate thread.
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Re: what kind of disc is a DVD_9

Post by HansV »

DVD-9 means a single-sided dual-layer disk: the writable side of the disk contains two layers of data, one above the other. While a standard DVD (DVD-5) has a capacity of 4.7 GB, a DVD-9 disk has a capacity of 9.4 GB, twice as much. See the Wikipedia entry for DVD.
Best wishes,
Hans